Universal Monsters Timeline (Chronological Order)by Just_LC | created - 8 months ago | updated - 2 months ago | Public
1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame - 1482 Paris, France (Lon Chaney)
2. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - 1886 London, England (King Baggot)
3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - 1886 London, England (Fredric March)
4. The Phantom of the Opera - 1890s Paris, France (Lon Chaney)
5. The Phantom of the Opera - 1890s Paris, France (Claude Rains)
6. Dracula - 1897 Transylvania, Romania (Bela Lugosi)
7. Dracula (Spanish Version) - 1897 Transylvania, Romania (Carlos Villarías)
8. Dracula’s Daughter - 1897 London, England + Transylvania, Romania (Gloria Holden)
9. Frankenstein - 1899 Bavarian Alps, Germany (Boris Karloff)
10. Bride of Frankenstein - 1899 Bavarian Alps, Germany (Elsa Lanchester + Boris Karloff)
10. She-Wolf of London - 1900s London, England (June Lockhart)
11. The Return of the Vampire - 1918 London, England (Bela Lugosi + Matt Willis)
12. The Mummy - 1921-1932 Cairo, Egypt (Boris Karloff)
13. The Invisible Man - 1933 Iping, West Sussex, England (Claude Rains)
14. Werewolf of London - 1935 Tibet + London, England (Henry Hull)
15. Son of Frankenstein - 1939 Bavarian Alps, Germany (Boris Karloff)
16. The Ghost of Frankenstein - 1939 Bavarian Alps, Germany (Lon Chaney Jr.)
17. The Wolf Man - 1939 Llanwelly, Wales (Lon Chaney Jr.)
18. The Mummy’s Hand - 1940 Cairo, Egypt (Tom Tyler)
19. The Invisible Woman - 1940 Michigan, U.S. (Virginia Bruce)
20. The Invisible Man Returns - 1942 Iping, West Sussex, England (Vincent Price)
21. The Invisible Agent - 1942 Manhattan, New York, U.S. + Germany (Jon Hall)
22. Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man - 1943 Llanwelly, Wales + Bavarian Alps, Germany (Bela Lugosi + Lon Chaney Jr.)
23. Son of Dracula - 1943 New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S. (Lon Chaney Jr.)
24. The Invisible Man’s Revenge - 1944 Cape Town, South Africa (Jon Hall)
25. House of Frankenstein - 1945 Bavarian Alps, Germany (Glenn Strange + Lon Chaney Jr. + John Carradine)
26. House of Dracula - House of Frankenstein - 1945 Bavarian Alps, Germany (Glenn Strange + Lon Chaney Jr. + John Carradine)
27. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein - 1948 London, England (Glenn Strange + Bela Lugosi + Lon Chaney Jr. + Vincent Price)
The Mummy’s Tomb - 1970 Mapleton, Massachusetts, U.S. (Lon Chaney Jr.) The Mummy’s Ghost - 1970 Mapleton, Massachusetts, U.S., Cairo, Egypt (Lon Chaney Jr.) The Mummy’s Curse - 1995 Louisiana, U.S. (Lon Chaney Jr.)
- Instant Watch Options
- Movies or TV
- IMDb Rating
- In Theaters
- On TV
- Release Year
1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (I) (1923)
Passed | 133 min | Drama, Horror, Romance
In 15th-century Paris, the brother of the archdeacon plots with the gypsy king to foment a peasant revolt. Meanwhile, a freakish hunchback falls in love with the gypsy queen.
Votes: 4,936 | Gross: $2.22M
2. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (I) (1913)
26 min | Short, Drama, Horror
Dr. Henry Jekyll experiments with scientific means of revealing the hidden, dark side of man and releases a murderer from within himself.
3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)
Passed | 98 min | Horror, Sci-Fi
Dr. Jekyll faces horrible consequences when he lets his dark side run wild with a potion that transforms him into the animalistic Mr. Hyde.
5. The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
Passed | 93 min | Horror
A mad, disfigured composer seeks love with a lovely young opera singer.
Votes: 17,085 | Gross: $3.75M
7. Dracula (1931)
Passed | 75 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror
After a naive real estate agent succumbs to the will of Count Dracula, the two head to London where the vampire sleeps in his coffin by day and searches for potential victims by night.
9. Dracula's Daughter (1936)
Passed | 71 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror
When Countess Marya Zaleska appears in London, mysterious events occur leading Dr. Von Helsing to believe the Countess must be a vampire.
11. The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Not Rated | 75 min | Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi
Mary Shelley reveals the main characters of her novel survived: Dr. Frankenstein, goaded by an even madder scientist, builds his monster a mate.
Votes: 44,281 | Gross: $4.36M
12. She-Wolf of London (1946)
Passed | 61 min | Crime, Horror, Mystery
A young heiress finds evidence suggesting that at night she acts under the influence of a family curse and has begun committing ghastly murders in a nearby park.
13. The Return of the Vampire (1943)
Not Rated | 69 min | Drama, Horror
When an errant bomb unearths the coffin of a vampire during the London Blitz, a gravedigger unknowingly reanimates the monster by removing the stake from his heart
Votes: 2,056 | Gross: $1.09M
16. Werewolf of London (1935)
Passed | 75 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror
After botanist Wilfred Glendon travels to Tibet in search of a rare flower, the Mariphasa, he returns to a London haunted by murders that can only be the work of bloodthirsty werewolves.
17. Son of Frankenstein (1939)
Approved | 99 min | Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi
Returning to the ancestral castle long after the death of the monster, the son of Dr. Frankenstein meets a mad shepherd who is hiding the comatose creature. To clear the family name, he revives the creature and tries to rehabilitate him.
18. The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942)
Passed | 67 min | Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi
Dr. Frankenstein's plans to replace the brain of his monster are hijacked by his scheming and malevolent assistant Ygor.
19. The Wolf Man (1941)
Passed | 70 min | Horror, Mystery, Romance
Larry Talbot returns to his father's castle in Wales and meets a beautiful woman. One fateful night, Talbot escorts her to a local carnival where they meet a mysterious gypsy fortune teller.
22. The Invisible Man Returns (1940)
Passed | 81 min | Drama, Horror, Mystery
The owner of a coal mining operation, falsely imprisoned for fratricide, takes a drug to make him invisible, despite its side effect: gradual madness.
24. Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943)
Passed | 74 min | Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi
The resurrected Wolf Man, seeking a cure for his malady, enlists the aid of a mad scientist, who claims he will not only rid the Wolf Man of his nocturnal metamorphosis, but also revive the frozen body of Frankenstein's inhuman creation.
25. Son of Dracula (1943)
Passed | 80 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror
When Katherine, a beautiful Southern girl obsessed with thoughts of eternal life, invites Count Alucard to come to her mansion in the U.S., she unleashes a Pandora's box of horror on unsuspecting relatives and neighbors.
26. The Invisible Man's Revenge (1944)
Unrated | 78 min | Horror, Sci-Fi
An eccentric scientist helps a fugitive from the law become invisible, unwittingly giving him the power to exact revenge on his former friends.
Votes: 1,948 | Gross: $1.67M
27. House of Frankenstein (1944)
Passed | 71 min | Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi
A deranged scientist escapes from prison and recruits Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolf Man to get revenge on his behalf.
28. House of Dracula (1945)
Approved | 67 min | Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi
The Wolf Man and Count Dracula beg Dr. Edelman to cure them of their killing instincts but Dracula schemes to seduce the doctor's nurse.
29. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Not Rated | 83 min | Comedy, Fantasy, Horror
The Wolf Man tries to warn a dimwitted porter that Dracula wants his brain for Frankenstein monster's body.
Votes: 15,083 | Gross: $4.80M
Passed | 82 min | Comedy, Sci-Fi, Sport
Two bumbling private eyes help a man, wrongly accused of murder who has become invisible, to clear his name.
Votes: 5,011 | Gross: $3.38M
31. Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
G | 79 min | Horror, Sci-Fi
A strange prehistoric beast lurks in the depths of the Amazonian jungle. A group of scientists try to capture the animal and bring it back to civilization for study.
Votes: 27,455 | Gross: $1.30M
34. The Mummy's Tomb (1942)
Passed | 61 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror
The ancient Egypt Mummy, Kharis, is transported from his homeland with the high priest Mehemet to wreak vengeance on the family who has defiled the sacred tomb of his beloved Princess Ananka.
35. The Mummy's Ghost (1944)
Passed | 61 min | Fantasy, Horror
Kharis the mummy is given a sacred potion that grants him eternal life to search for his lost love, Princess Ananka, despite the unending curse that haunts them.
37. Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955)
Passed | 79 min | Action, Adventure, Comedy
Two bumbling Americans stumble on the discovery of a lifetime when their search for a mummy leads them to a sacred medallion that holds the key to buried treasure.