Judge James Linn said the case against Smollett, the former Empire TV star accused of setting up a false claim of assault by two men who uttered racial slurs, will continue.
Smollett claimed to be jumped by two men on the night of Jan. 29, 2019 while seeking to get some food. He claimed the men put a noose around his neck and told him during the assault, “This is Maga county.”
Subsequent investigations revealed he knew his attackers. As a result, he lost his TV job and has since been largely out of the public eye except for his ongoing legal troubles.
Smollett previously agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond and made no admission of wrongdoing in exchange for having 16 charges against him on the phony assault case dropped. The