The news comes after Bergeron tweeted that he had been informed that the show “will be continuing without me” on Monday. “It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career,” he wrote. “I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?”
In a joint statement in response to Bergeron’s tweet, ABC and “Dancing With the Stars” producers BBC Studios attributed the decision to a “new creative direction” for the long-running dancing competition show. No replacements for the duo were announced.
Also Read: Here's the Complete Fall 2020 TV Schedule for All 5 Broadcast Networks
“Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the Dancing with the Stars family,” the two companies said.