The state announced its highest-ever number of new daily cases over the weekend, with an eye-popping 15,442 on Saturday. That shatters the record of 13,000-plus recorded on Friday and cemented the notion that California is in the midst of a record-breaking new surge.
This last week, CA saw an unprecedented rise in cases.
– Average daily tests: 198,379
– Average test positivity rate: 5.5%
– Daily case average: 11,591
– Hospitalizations: up 77% over last 2 weeks
– ICU: up 55% over last 2 weeks
— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) November 23, 2020
In light of that, Newsom spent much of Monday’s presentation on California’s plan for vaccines. “I wanted to take the veil off,