Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- Many couples are shown in the movie, but no true sexual content is seen or even alluded to.
- There is talk of past relationships.
- It is vaguely implied that the two male leads are lovers, but no physical or verbal affection between them is seen.
Violence & Gore
- A man cuts his hand on a broken glass; very little blood, but no wound.
- There is a scene at the beginning of the film of two men strangling another man with rope.
- Near the end of the film, one of the characters loads a gun and tries to shoot another man, they struggle and the gun goes off. He places a handkerchief over his hand, which can seen slightly bloodstained in the next scene.
- Throughout the movie there are discussions of death and murder. There are several scenes where murder is discussed openly and in a casual manner - such comments are made regarding murder by several of the characters included "committing murder should be reserved to superior individuals", "have a strangulation day", and "We killed for the sake of danger and for the sake of killing."
- A man slaps another man.
- One utterance of "what the devil are you doing".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- At the party, there is drinking and smoking. All of the people at the party are of the legal drinking/smoking ages.
- Almost all of the characters are drinking champagne throughout the party (which is most of the movie).
- A couple of other characters are drinking scotch, brandy and other alcoholic beverages.
- Drinking is an integral part of the movie, though mostly handled with style and taste.
- Towards the end of the movie one of the characters is starting to act drunk on brandy and scotch and talks about being drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The first scene, of a man being strangled by a rope (mentioned in "Violence and Gore") could be frightening and disturbing to children.
- The last half hour of the film gets quite nerve wracking as the criminals become more agitated, nervous and suspicions about the crime committed earlier come up.