Easy Rider (1969)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
Sex & Nudity
- Two couples swim naked in a pool. No nudity is shown, they are under the water.
- It is minorly implied that a man between two gravestones is receiving oral sex, yet two other characters block the view below his waist. His facial expression is what implies it.
- Full frontal nudity is shown for a little less than a minute during an LSD scene.
- A couple of sexual references
- Nudity is shown in one of the ending scenes where the group is in an LSD induced state.
Violence & Gore
- One of the first songs in the film uses the word goddamn multiple times.
- 3 uses of "d*mn", 1 use of "*sshole", 1 use of "h*ll", 4 uses of milder name-calling (hick, weirdo). Someone flips off another person.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- We watch a drug deal happen. Some characters sample the cocaine on the spot.
- Marijuana is smoked throughout the entire movie.
- Cocaine is used in mostly the beginning scenes.
- Alcohol is consumed in a few scenes.
- The characters take LSD and the following sequence is a cinematic representation of an acid trip.
- A good deal of the substance abuse is reported to have been unsimulated.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Don't be fooled by the 18 rating , this is incredibly Tame for a film that is not violent and if some language and drug taking wasn't there, this would be a 12.
- Rated R for drug use throughout, sexual content, some violence and language.
- The scene where the characters get beaten by people, may upset some viewers
- The verbal harassment against Billy and long-haired men in general may upset some viewers.
- The acid freakout scene is probably disturbing. The ending scene could upset and shock some viewers
- The LSD acid trip scene lasts around 5 to 7 mins of total randomness but hallucinations are shown.
Violence & Gore
- 2 main characters are murdered at the end of the film by 2 strangers in a truck.
- Characters are beaten with sticks and one has his neck slashed with a machete.
- Two established characters are killed by gunshots at the end of the movie.