Mean Streets (1973)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman's bare breasts are seen for an extended period of time; first changing, and then post coital. We briefly see her pubic hair during the former and we see her bare buttocks during the latter.
- A few shots of topless dancers with pasties and very revealing underwear during a scene at a club.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shot dead in a bar bathroom but he manages to attack his shooter before he dies (no blood).
- A car accident happens onscreen and the passengers leave the car covered in blood.
- A man seemingly self-harms by putting his hand in a flame as a way to punish himself for his sins.
- Hand to hand fights throughout (sometimes rather comedic) with no serious injuries resulting.
- This Movie used 49 F-Word
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen injecting heroin into his arm at the beginning of the film.
- Several characters are shown drinking and/or drunk.
- Characters sometimes smoke.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated R for language, some violence and sexual content, nudity, and brief drug use.
- A woman with epilepsy has a seizure on screen which can be upsetting.
- Not a very intense movie but the overall tone of it is somewhat depressing.
- Some scenes are upsetting
Violence & Gore
- In a flashback sequence, a man shoots himself in the mouth with a revolver. However, the scene fades to white as he is pulling the trigger.
- A man is shot in the chest and neck causing lots of blood to gush from the wounds.