Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman sits on a bed topless while watching TV (only her back is shown). A man tries to get her to have sex with him, but she turns him down due to the show on the TV.
- A non-explicit sex scene is shown between two characters. No nudity. The woman has an intense orgasm as she discusses television ratings. Max and Diana have an affair over several months, with Max leaving his wife to live with Diana.
- Some sex-related dialogue referring to intercourse and libido, including Diana says that her former husband ran off with his boyfriend (homosexual) and that she had an affair with her analyst (psychiatric) who called her "the worst 'lay' (sex partner) he (the analyst) ever had.
Violence & Gore
- Footage of terrorist bank robberies in early scenes being watched by the network's execs as possible ideas for new programming.
- A multitude of "goddamn"
- "Christ" is abused 3 times, and "Jesus" is twice.
- 25 uses of "fuck". Multiple uses of "shit", "nigger", and "bitch"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters smoke cigarettes and are seen drinking at several parties and in a restaurant. Howard Beale is seen drinking at work and the film's opening voiceover say after his wife died and his ratings popularity declined, he started drinking heavily.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated R for language, some sexual content and brief violence.
- Max's working up his confession of his affair with Diana to his wife Louise and Louise's angry beratement of him for it.
Violence & Gore
- Howard is shot at the end with blood shown.