The Great Train Robbery (1978)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- Man is in bed towards the beginning of the movie (7+ mins. in). He and we watches a women undress. She removes her blouse, then skirt to reveal a black lace one piece with lace panties. She sits beside the bed and removes her stockings We only see her bare back. She then crawls under the sheets to him and they kiss. It is implied that they have relations.
- There is a great deal of innuendo in the dialogue as a woman tries to seduce leading man while discussing garden architecture. A bit more obvious than Shakespeare.
- A woman is set to have relations with a man as a trick. The man is undressed to longjohns and the woman gets ready to undress. The effect is humorous but adult. The same pair are put in a similar awkward circumstance later in the movie with no undressing. Man tries to kiss woman.
- Man in bed covered by sheet below waist as woman discusses his dishonesty and being a bachelor.
Violence & Gore
- A hanged woman is briefly shown after a public execution.
- Several men are struck with a club. No blood or serious injury.
- A street fight with sword drawn at end. No blood or death.
- Blood on a man's hands climbing a sharp obstacle.
- A man is strangled to death but nothing graphic. No other deaths in the film.
- A man is costumed as if dead.
- Dog shown fighting rodents for sport.
- One "s" word as a stand-alone line in expression of frustration by leading man. Two other instances of the "s" word.
- Some damn, bloody, and hell as mild expletives.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drunk people shown in tavern. Drunk or poor people briefly shown sleeping on ropes. Polite drinking and smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Train top stunt work not intimitating.