Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- Gandhi is seen walking in shorts and a sash throughout the film, however he isn't nude except from the waist up. There is no sex or any references to it in this movie.
- A woman is briefly seen breast-feeding a child. Part of her nipple is seen.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shot three times in the chest. Bloody bullet holes can be seen on the mans clothes.
- A policeman uses a club to beat a man, drawing a fair amount of blood on his face. The man is also hit in the stomach and arm.
- A British platoon open fire on a peaceful demonstration crowd. Many, many people are killed (among them children). Very intense, however not particularly graphic.
- Many rioting scenes where several people are killed.
- A man is decapitated off-screen.
- Other mild violence throughout.
- Some racial words are used such as "Black Ass", "Coolie" etc. In a scene the main character used words like whores and bastards.
- Some mild language, such as bastard.
- Some racial slurs are also used which reflect the time the events were set. Such as "coon".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is briefly seen smoking a cigar.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Gandhi goes on a hunger strike and nearly starves to death.