Runaway Train (1985)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
Sex & Nudity
- Buck picks up an open porno mag showing a fully nude woman, which is seen breifly.
- Manny is shown fully nude from the side. (not explicit)
- Dave is shown ogling a softcore centerfold.
- Buck makes an obscene sexual comment against Sara.
Violence & Gore
- There is some intense and graphic violence.
- A prison riot breaks out. This later happens again.
- A scene of boxing.
- A man stabs Manny in the hand. Manny starts attacking him which leads to a riot. Another man later stabs the first man. (can be pretty graphic watching)
- The runaway train hits another oncoming train.
- Buck throws Sara to the floor.
- Manny shoves Sara several times.
- Ranken roughs up Frank.
- A long scene in which Manny starts kicking Buck. When Sara tries to stop him he pushes her into a window. This leads to a fight between the three of them.
- A police officer crashes though a window with blood on his face and then falls off the train to his death.
- Manny gets his hand crushed. (graphic, but brief)
- A fight between Manny and Ranken.
- There is a considerable amount of profanity in this film.
- 16 uses of "fuck", 30 uses of "shit", 2 uses of "pussy", 5 uses of "ass".
- One prisoner wears a t-shirt that says "EAT SHIT".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- At least 1 instance of cigarette smoking.
- Buck and Manny share a flask - mostly to keep warm.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated R for language and some strong violence.
- The entire boxing scene is pretty intense and disturbing.
- Some of the violence near the end is quite intense.