A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
Sex & Nudity
- Wanda is shown in an extremely revealing bikini. Ample cleavage and a lot of ground is visible (no nudity)
- Otto pretends to be gay and flirts with Ken, making sexual remarks to him.
- In one scene, Archie is completely naked. His buttocks are briefly shown to the viewer, as well as a very brief glimpse of his genitals. While undressing, a family, consisting of mother, father, two daughters, one son, and the family's nanny, comes in. All of them see him completely nude for approximately 5 to 10 seconds.
- Wanda and Otto have sex in one scene. Exaggerated thrusting is seen, and moaning is heard.
- Wanda grinds on a rope when sexually excited and moans with pleasure.
- Archie cheats on his wife with Wanda, and they are shown kissing passionately in several scenes.
- Some moderate-strong sexual references.
Violence & Gore
- Ken is injured in several scenes and cuts and bruises can be seen throughout the movie.
- Some mild fistfights.
- Archie holds a gun on Otto, but then Otto gets the gun and fires some warning shots at Archie.
- Otto threatens some British passers-by. They just run away.
- George angrily charges Wanda in court, but he's restrained and arrested. Wendy angrily slaps Archie.
- Wanda cold-cocks Otto with a cosh.
- Otto shoots his alarm clock when it wakes him up. He also throws a dart between the eyes of an animal on a poster.
- Fuck is used about 20 times. Mild language is frequent.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Smoking and drinking is present.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Not too Intense but there is some violence, much of it for comical effect
- Otto is a Sociopathic and very dangerous individual. He commits several violent acts throughout the film. They are all comical and not too intense however some may find him unsettling.
Violence & Gore
- A jewel heist takes place in the beginning of the film. Guns are fired to scare and threaten employees. One employee is threatened with a crossbow and an apple, 'William Tell' style.
- Three dogs are comically killed in three separate scenes. Nothing graphic is shown at all. In one of these scenes the dogs elderly owner suffers a fatal heart attack but again this is comical.
- Otto is run over with a steamroller and becomes stuck in wet cement in a very comical and non-graphic scene. He survives.
- Otto tortures Ken by shoving chips up his nose and eating his fish. Ken then has a pear shoved in his mouth and can't breath because his nose if stuffed with chips. He is unharmed however.
- While staging a robbery, Archie breaks several things around his own home. Otto then comes in, tying up Archie and disarming him. Otto then kicks Archie in anger.