Ghost Dad (1990)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
Sex & Nudity
- Elliot's first wife dies and he develops a relationship with his next door neighbor.
- It is implied that they have slept together.
- She solicits him in her bedroom and he says, "I can't". Little kids won't understand this, but teenagers will. She asks, "why are you falling through the bed?" and "Why are you having trouble with intimacy"
Violence & Gore
- For a couple of seconds, Bill Cosby holds Dana Ashbrook in a stranglehold.
- The cab driver's displays wild, irratic behavior that may be disturbing to sensitive individuals.
- The cab breaks through a bridge, falls several dozen feet into a river.
- Use of the sh** word during the cab scene
- The Lord's name is taken in vain three times, or more.
- There is one scene where a person is getting out of a car and upon exiting the name of Jesus Christ is taken in a clear and intentional manner.
- The word crappy is used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The ghost flies through doors and walls.
- The ghost's head pops in and out of walls.
- The ghost shows suffering and pain, and appears to be losing the life of the soul itself as it bleeps in and out of reception.
- The ghost's body is shown in ICU with an ashen haze.
- The ghost is shown re-entering his body.
- The ghost's daughter dies. Her spirit flies through the hospital, and her head pops in and out of walls.
- The ghost's daughter is shown to re-enter her body.
- The cab driver is a wild man and some of his actions can be disturbing to younger children.