King of New York (1990)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 31 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is a scene with a man walking down stairs with a women wearing lingerie, a few other woman are shown topless or wearing revealing clothing.
- Women are often seen wearing only lingerie.
- During a party, women are shown topless and a man touches one's breast. Other women and make out with men.
- There's both male and female rear nudity.
- A man and a woman are on the subway kissing. The man opens the woman's jacket. She's not wearing a bra and there are close up shots of him fondling her bare breasts. Scene goes on for a while.
- There is a scene in the movie where several characters are dancing. A few of the women are not wearing tops and their breasts are completely exposed while they are dancing. All of the men are fully clothed. In one couple, the man is shown fondling her chest area. A man is kissing two women.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is shot point blank in her stomach in a struggle with man over a revolver and dies.
- A man in a phone booth is brutally shot down with many shots with bloody results
- During a heroin deal many people are shot dead with bloody results
- The italian mob boss urinates on another mans shoe
- Several thugs are about to mug Frank but he reveals his gun and urges them not to do so
- Frank shoots a mob boss dead with many shots
- Frank punches a police officer
- Jimmy Jump resits arrets and he is slapped on the head
- In a part of Chinatown a gun battle breaks out between Franks men and the Chinese triads. Many triads are shot dead
- In a nightclub a gun battle breaks out and many people are shot dead with bloody results, this continues in a long car chase and in the end several main characters are dead
- A man who's betrayed Frank is killed (not seen, only heard)
- At a funeral Frank shoots another main character
- A high-ranking police officer are chasing Frank in a foot-chase and it culminates in a train where that officer is killed by Frank
- Strong language (90+ f words) along with many other profanities like shit, damn etc. and a few slang words for both male and femal genitials.
- Lyrics within a song played in the film contain homophobic language. However, the work as a whole does not condone discriminatory attitudes or promote homophobic behavior.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A drug dealer snorts cocaine to test the product he is buying.
- A woman licks cocaine off of a man's body.
- The protagonist is a leader of a drug cartel.
- We see heroin being tested
- At a party some people snort cocaine
- A lot of talk about drugs are also being uttered
- Several characters, including the protagonist, smokes several times throughout the film.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The whole nature of this movie is dark and intense. Almost no light scenes. Very disturbing movie at times.
- Contains scenes of strong violence and drug use. The violence could be intense for the audiences.
Violence & Gore
- Frank is shot by the high ranking officer he shot as he went down, and shortly afterwards, dies from his fatal gunshot wound.