Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language, and for some sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Movie could be rated PG-13 in the case of sex and nudity if it wasn't for the language. No nudity.
- A couple is shown apparently having sex (subtle movements) while the woman lifts up her dress and they kiss.
- A woman calls another woman a slut.
- Several mentions of infidelity, although these will like not be understood by children.
- A man and woman kiss passionately, which is meant to be humorous.
- A woman talks about her many sexual partners, including several while she was underage.
- A man and a woman kiss and begging taking off their clothes as they lay on a bed. They are next shown waking together in the morning, implying sex.
- A couple is under the sheets and we see them after the act.
Violence & Gore
- A bride punches Charles, which knocks him down and gives him a nice bruise on his cheek.
- Many uses of milder language scattered throughout.
- The Lord's name is taken in vain.
- H*ll is said.
- Sh*t is said.
- B*stard is said three times.
- 28 uses of "fuck" and inventive derivatives possibly not ever seen in any other film ('"fuckity-fuck-fuck, fuckadoodledoo).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man smokes a cigar at two separate parties.
- A bride is emotional and said to be drunk.
- There is a lot of alcohol consumption during the weddings, with minor characters acting slightly drunk.
- Some characters smoke, including Fiona at least twice and featured prominently once.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Mildly frightening sad scene when a character faints during wedding speeches. The characters standing near him realize he's died.