Dead Man (1995)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for moments of strong violence, a graphic sex scene and some language|
Sex & Nudity
- We briefly see a man receiving oral sex from a woman. No Nudity of any sort.
- It is implied that two characters sleep together (they wake up in bed together, although fully clothed).
- Two people are seen having sex, although hidden under a large blanket. We see rear nudity from both the man and woman.
- A woman wears a dress that shows a lot of cleavage.
- The "graphic sex scene" is quite tame, all nudity is buttock only and there is no explicitly shown sexual acts.
Violence & Gore
- There are many shootings throughout the film, some showing bloody entry wounds.
- A man is shot in the chest and bleeds profusely for the duration of the film.
- A man tries to remove a bullet from another man's chest with a knife.
- A man has his throat slit.
- In what is perhaps the film's most graphic scene, a dead man's head is crushed beneath the boot of another and his head completely caves in however there is minimal blood, and no brain matter shown.
- There is a good deal of cursing, including the F and S words. There are also many racial slurs used towards Native Americans.11 F words or derivatives, 24 GDs, 8 exclamations of jesus and 6 christ.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters are seen drinking at the beginning of the film and a character is constantly asked if he has any tobacco, although he doesn't smoke. Referrences to peyote.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A very realistic take on the differences between eastern and western medicines, including the portrayal of death and dying.