Murder in the First (1995)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong images of prison brutalities, sexuality and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A sex scene, some lunging, they are clothed. Implied o-sex.
- The main character is seen naked in solitary confinement throughout the first half of the movie. His bare backside is often visible.
- A man who is behind the bars tries to touch a woman. He then starts to... (sex implied), but he stops.
Violence & Gore
- A man punches a mirror while cutting himself shaving.
- This movie actually does not contain any gore, and has very little blood, but the violence is present and quite strong.
- A prisoner is sadistically tortured by the guards and the deputy warden in various manners: he is beaten; he is thrown down the stairs. One official slices a prisoner's Achilles tendon (ankle) condemning him to be lame for life.
- A man is killed by a spoon pierced in his throat. He is shown lying on the ground with some blood. A few black & white photos of his corpse are seen later.
- Some swearing, including several uses of F*ck, D*mn, Sh*t, B*tch.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Smoking of cigarettes is shown.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie focuses on the violence in a prison, and is quite intense and psychological. The Deputy Warden seems to be unduly sadistic towards the prisoners. One murder is dreamlike and surreal.
- The main character is tortured and left in solitary confinement for 3 years, always in complete darkness, and with only half an hour of air per year.
- He experiences mental instability which comes across to viewers and can be intense.
- The torture scenes are not very graphic but they include some forceful beatings which some will find distressing. We see the scars he carries as a result of the abuses. He is also limping.