Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, language and some drug content|
Sex & Nudity
- Debi removes her shirt just before the scene cuts away, implying sex (no nudity).
- Mildly provocative dancing.
Violence & Gore
- After a failed assassination attempt, a man runs into a room and shoots the target once with minimal blood. He then shoots him more offscreen.
- A shootout at a house, resulting in several deaths. Moderate blood and bloody bullet wounds shown briefly.
- An unarmed fight breaks out between Blank and an assassin. A pen is briefly used and some blood is shown on clothes.
- A shootout occurs at a store with mostly mild blood.
- An assassin on a bicycle is shot by a sniper, and then is shot offscreen by the bodyguards protecting the intended target.
- 20-25 uses of the word f*** (one used with mother), 4-5 uses of sh** / bullsh**, a couple uses of a** and its variations (kiss-a**, a**hole) numerous other profanities thrown in (d***, hell, a couple godd***)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Three instances of smoking, two instances of characters being in a state of an alcohol-induced intoxication.
- References to "blow" (cocaine), and an old marijuana cigarette is shown and then subsequently crushed. One character smokes while driving in gestures that may indicate marijuana use, but it's never explicitly stated.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A violent fight. The ending could be off-putting to some.