Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated R for considerable gore and strong violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A few very brief instances of partial male nudity (bare chest and rear) in completely non-sexual contexts (people swimming and warming themselves by the fire).
- A man's butt is seen very breifly.
Violence & Gore
- A very gory movie. A handful of shootings that show blood spurt.
- A man's throat is slit; lots of spurting blood.
- A man is found disemboweled.
- A man gets viciously stabbed in the gut and then accidentally hit with a tomahawk.
- A man is pushed off a cliff; he ends up very bloody.
- Two guys beat the crap out of one another with things like logs and knives; they both end up very bloody.
- It's implied a man is decapitated; we see his headless corpse getting dragged around.
- Dead, often very bloody bodies are seen throughout; some are seen getting chopped up.
- Many nasty injuries (ie closeups of cuts or a protruding bone) are seen throughout.
- It's heavily implied that some people are eaten or put into stews; no blatant cannibalsim is ever seen.
- Very little; almost none.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character is an alcoholic, whom we see completely drunk several times; another is a stoner, who gets high smoking unspecified substances with an Indian pipe.
- Two guys are seen getting high off a peace pipe. One of them talks about getting stoned.
- One character is often drunk and there are several drinks throughout.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many disturbing moments throughout, some of which are amplified by the film's bizzare music.
- The high violence and gore content will undoubtedly disturb many.
Violence & Gore
- The main antagonist of the film is a Wendigo, a cannibal which acquires supernatural strength and endurance by consuming human meat. There are grisly deaths, gruesome wounds and bloody violence, including people being stabbed, shot and eaten. While the tone of some of these scenes is darkly comedic, many others are played seriously for horror and drama. This certainly is a very bloody and violent film.