Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for irreverent and crude humor, sex-related material and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman portraying a teenage girl (the actress was however 24 when filming) is seen wearing nothing but a white bra on her upper body.
- A girl and her boyfriend make out several times.
- It is implied that a grown man is attracted to teenage girls.
- A woman screams, "his furniture's as fake as my orgasm!"
- A teenage girl strokes an object in a sexual way.
- A teenage girl ends up becoming an exotic dancer.
Violence & Gore
- Almost nothing violent takes place onscreen, but several people die offscreen, or are seen dying from a distance, mostly in explosions or fires.
- A young girl is struck over the head hard by a falling stagelight which knocks her unconscious.
- A woman lying in a hospital bed has a disfigurement due to having been in an explosion. Her hand is burned with an object melted to it. She later has a hook where this hand used to be.
- A pair of brothers frequently fight onscreen, mostly slapping each other in the back of the head.
- Two girls shove each other after one accuses the other of stealing her dress. The pair are broken up quickly.
- A character says "beautiful as a whore's ass today, eh boys?"
- Two F-bombs. Occasional use of the words "shit","damn", "goddamn", "bitch" and "ass".
- Copious use of the words "retard" and "retarded", in reference to a mentally handicapped character.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Several characters are seen having a cigarette in their mouths.
- Frequent drinking of beer and other alcohol.
- It is implied that a priest is an alcoholic.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The way the mentally handicapped kid is treated may anger some, although it's clearly not meant to be glorified. All the characters in this movie, minus the autistic kid are very unlikable and arrogant.
- The scenes that portray the death of some characters are not graphic and are used in a comedic manner, but some are mildly intense, and might upset certain viewers.
- A scene showing many people vomiting at the same time might disgust some viewers.
- Shows a woman suffering from anorexia
- A woman screams and shouts at people after her daughter dies, which may be frightening or upsetting for some viewers.