The Way of the Gun (2000)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence/gore, language and some sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- At the sperm bank, a main actor is looking at a magazine with a fully nude woman on the cover. Bottom and breast are seen.
- Non-explicit scenes that take place in a sperm bank, and a brothel. Some sexual dialogue.
Violence & Gore
- A man who's been shot and covered in blood is tortured on a makeshift rack.
- A man is shot in the neck and killed, with extremely graphic and bloody results.
- A man is shot twice in the chest and killed; he slides down a wall leaving a large smear of blood.
- A few men are killed in a mostly bloodless shootout (two men fire at them with sniper rifles from a distant hill), and one man is badly wounded. He is later seen with lots of blood on his hands and stomach, and he dies. Another is wounded and bloody, and gets dragged into a car wincing in pain (later tortured to death).
- Several people are killed in a mostly unseen shootout, and we see their dead bodies, including one with lots of blood around his head. More shooting then occurs, but no one is hurt. The scene is still very intense. The scene ends with two men getting roughed up (but not seriously injured) in a car crash.
- A man is hit in the face with a gun, and is later seen stitching up his eyebrow, and there is a lot of blood on a towel. His face has a small, but slightly bloody bandage on it throughout the movie.
- Lots of F-words (about half of which are spoken in the opening scene), among other scattered harsh profanity. At least one use of cunt. (Used harshly towards a woman)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Throughout smoking characters are: Mr. Longbaugh (Benicio Del Toro) & Joe Sarno (James Caan). Two others smoke once.
- Alkohol is drunk in only a few scenes, nothing over the top.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lots of intense scenes of action/violence.
Violence & Gore
- An extended, realistic shootout occurs and several people are shot and/or killed; most of the deaths in this scene are bloodless, but a few are particularly graphic; one man is shot in the groin (blood is visible, and he screams) and another is shot in the chest many times, with blood splattering everywhere; during this scene, a man tries to dive for cover in a fountain full of broken glass and is badly cut, with a large glass shard sticking out of his arm (in a very slow, graphic, and wince-inducing scene); throughout this scene, two men are wounded several times, getting bloodier as the scene goes on, and finally have their legs riddled with bullets and they lie in pools of blood for an extended period.