Has the King of Baron become evil? Will he even cause a war, in his obsession to steal the 4 crystals of Earth? And how does the Moon fit in? As young dark knight Cecil, along with his compatriot Kain, are sent on a routine mission...the horrific truth eventually becomes all too clear. Along the epic journey, many powerful allies and deadly enemies will cross your path. Play along on the adventure - filled with hate, love, war, death, brotherhood, loss...and betrayal.
Robert C. Edwards, Jr.
Ogopogo Lives. . .Will You?
See more »
November 1991 (USA)
See more »
Also Known As:
Final Fantasy Chronicles: Final Fantasy IV
See more »
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
First Final Fantasy game in which the recurring character of Cid fights alongside your party members. Cid would not fight alongside your party again until Final Fantasy VII. See more
When Cecil and his allies Rosa, Rydia, Kain, Edge come with him on the Whale spaceship and fly to the moon, they can pilot it until they land it. But when they exit outside, they walk around without their spacesuits. This would cause them to die including Fusoya and Golbez, because first of all, there's no life on the moon including trees or water. Second, they would freeze to death or burn to death by the sun due to extreme heat and cold temperatures caused by the sun or no sun. Also gravity on the moon is different than Earth and they would bounce lightly and float on the moon. If they were provided spacesuits with oxygen tanks, then they would be able to survive on the moons surface but would have limited time to explore and fight before returning on the spaceship. However, their spacesuits would make them more vulnerable to monster attacks and it would be slightly harder to use weapons due to the moons lighter gravity. See more
Zeromus! It's the end
Scenes cut from the Easy Type (edited version):
- The programmer room with porn magazines and snuff films.
- The seductive bar dancers were cut from the game being replaced with dancers in one piece swimsuits.
- The seductive dancer who removed her dress in Town of Baron and Town of Kaipo simply dances wearing the same dress.
- The scythe that was going to drop on Rosa was an Iron ball instead.
- Removal of magical items such as attack items and individual healing items reduced to one item called Heal.
- Profanity including "Damn", "Hell", The F**k word and slang words.
- Removal of religious references including "Holy" renamed to "White" and Tower of Prayer being called Tower of Wishes. However the elder still uses one word of "Holy" and the mage still says "Tower of Prayer"
- Characters acting drunk. The Pubs being renamed to Cafe. However the Dwarf in the Howdy Cafe still acts drunk as he dances.
- Cecils "Darkness" ability, and Rosa's "Pray" ability was removed.
- References to Death and suicide has been removed. Although Milon Z. uses the word "Death" and characters like Rydias mother, Anna, Tellah, Edges mom and dad still die in the game.
- The North American release is called Final Fantasy II instead of Final Fantasy IV.
- The enemies are much easier to kill compared to the original version.
Followed by Final Fantasy XV