Peter Pan (2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 71 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for adventure action sequences and peril|
Sex & Nudity
- The main character is shown partly shirtless throughout the whole movie
- Two boys are hanging upside-down after being caught in snares, with their buttocks very briefly exposed to the camera and their privates exposed (not shown) to a young girl.The girl laughs hysterically and tumbles down a small hill.
- A boy is thrown into a bathtub and although he is nude we see little discernible detail.
- A boy and a girl magically dance in the air together and talk about feelings and love.
- A boy and a girl gaze at each other, sweetly flirt, and develop an innocent crush on each other.
- A boy and a girl make believe that they are the mommy and daddy to a group of young parentless boys.
- A man is bare-chested as he dresses.
- A young girl gives a boy a chaste kiss on the lips to save him from dying.
Violence & Gore
- A man is hit in the crotch.
- A man stabs a man, a man shoots a man in the chest (we see a bloody hole in his chest) and he falls into water.
- A man grabs a girl around the throat, he shoots a man, he shoots another man and children that are watching scream, and a man holds his hook to a girl's throat.
- A man and a boy fight with swords, a man and a girl fight with swords, and the man flips and falls on stones below.
- Another man chops a teddy bear's head off with a sword.
- A girl hits a man in the face with a sword.
- A boy is caught in a net that falls into the water and pulls him under.
- A girl is forced to walk along a plank by men with swords drawn, a crocodile approaches, she falls off the plank, and a boy is taken to the plank.
- A man and a boy fight with swords, jumping among the sails of a ship and along the rigging, the boy is kicked through a sail, knocked in the head and held with a sword to his throat (he has blood on his forehead), and a girl head-butts a man.
- Other children fight men with swords.
- Two men stab each other, a man jumps off a plank.
- A man is shoved off a ship, and a man is shoved into a mast.
- A man and a boy fight with swords, the man ends up hovering over the open jaws of a crocodile, he falls in and the jaws clamp shut.
- A boy and a girl fight with swords, and he holds a sword to her throat.
- A man head-butts a boy, holds a hook over his throat and threatens to kill him.
- A man falls from the rigging of a sail into the sea.
- Boys are chased by a crocodile with glowing red eyes, they run into a cave, a rock opens, they run through a passage, they are caught in a trap and hang by their feet.
- A huge red-eyed crocodile comes after a man, lunging and snapping at him several times, the man screams and is terrified.
- A plank is prepared for children to walk on.
- A cannon is fired, it hits a cloud where children are sitting, a girl is knocked back (we see her unconscious), another cannon is fired and it hits a mast which splits and falls.
- A man holds a gun on a girl, and a man shoots at a boy.
- A parrot squawks at a man who shoots at it.
- A fairy's light fades after drinking poison.
- A fairy's light goes dim and a man flicks her off a tree branch.
- A girl falls down a hill, she is grabbed by a man who holds a hook to her throat and she spits on the man.
- A boy lunges at other boys with a sword.
- A boy threatens to run a pirate through, a man plans to kill a boy, and a man threatens to run a boy through.
- A fairy drags a girl by the hair, tries to hurt her and threatens to kill her.
- A boy tries to hammer his shadow back onto his foot.
- A girl stitches a shadow onto a boy's foot with needle and thread and the boy winces.
- Two boys and a girl are tied to rocks awaiting a crocodile to come and eat them.
- A man talks about a person having cut off his hand and thrown it to a crocodile.
- A man is missing his arm from the wrist down -- we see the scarred stump as he straps himself into a prosthetic.
- A man screws a hook into his prosthetic arm.
- An eerie-looking mermaid pulls a girl's hand trying to drag her into the water.
- A man and a woman worry over and wait for for their missing children to come home.
- We see children bound and gagged.
- A boy yells and sends out a sound wave that throws men through the air.
- A dog barks at a boy and bites his shadow pulling it off.
- A boy fights with his shadow hitting it, dragging it and thumping it onto the floor.
- A parrot hisses and snaps at a fairy.
- A boy and a girl practice sword fighting.
- A dog slides into a group of men who toss paper in the air.
- A boy and a girl play-fight with wooden swords.
- Children fly through the air over a city and into the clouds.
- A fairy gets trapped in a drawer, a boy is poked in the eye by his telescope, and a girl falls down a slide.
- Children talk about a pirate "clawing your belly," a boy says of mermaids "they'll drown you if you get too close," a boy talks about a "fairy falling dead."
- A man yells and drags a dog by the collar.
- A fairy flies through a room knocking books down and tossing toys around.
- We see skeletons on a rock.
- Boys tackle a man and give him hugs.
- The worst you hear is "Blast!" or, from Hook, "I'll cast anchor in you!"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Brief shots of cups or bottles of alcohol; not a main feature.
- Wendy is at one point offered a drink or a cigar from a pirate, which she turns down.
- Hook is seen, briefly, with his "Double Cigar".
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Tinkerbell's poisoning is extremely emotional
- Mentions of non-explicit death and scenes of action, fighting, swords, and pirates.
- Scary-looking and sinister mermaids in the darkness.
- One intends to pull Wendy into the water, which Peter stops by suddenly coming forth close by Wendy, pushing her hand away while making an ugly, angry face and a loud hissing sound at the mermaid.
- The mermaid mimics this action back at Peter just before she dives back into the water.
- Hook and Peter fight in the air. During the fight, Hook taunts Peter by saying that Wendy will forget him when she grows up. That weakens Peter, and he nearly falls to his death.
- There is a sense of menace throughout the film. Both Hook's men and Peter's boys are perpetually afraid that their leader will kill them if they fail him. There are many small indirect threats beyond what is mentioned above (e.g. the point of Hook's hook is held very close to Smee's eyeball as Hook berates Smee).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The crocodile may be a little too frightening and intense for younger viewers due to it's large appearance, and violent and aggressive behavior.