Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language, some drug and sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- Two close-up shots of a woman's panty-clad crotch in a sexual but comedic context.
- We see the side of a woman's buttock briefly while she looks at an injury in the mirror.
- A man and a woman engage in foreplay, with the woman in her underwear and showing deep cleavage. We see the man grab the woman's breast briefly. A quick, non-graphic scene.
- It is referenced that a man stole an unconscious woman's underwear.
- A woman and man is seen kiss twice. The second time is from a distant, so it's not seen very clearly.
- Numerous kisses throughout the movie. Non-explicit.
- Many sexual references.
- Joel masturbates while seeing an animation porn picture in a comic. All we see is Joel shaking for about five seconds. Non-explicit.
- A man discusses cheating on his wife.
- A girl jumps around on a bed with only her panties and shirt on. A man joins her in only his underwear.
- A man and a woman lie down together naked (nothing shown), and the man's buttocks can briefly be seen once he gets out of bed.
Violence & Gore
- Joel discovers that someone has smashed part of his car.
- Clementine playfully punches Joel's shoulder.
- We see a memory flashback of other young kids pressuring Joel to hammer an apparently dead or injured pigeon in a wagon (it's not moving). He hits it several times and one of the kids then bends his arm backwards.
- Dr. Mierzwiak's wife whacks at Stan for him trying to cover Dr. Mierzwiak's indiscretions.
- Around 29 "fucks", 15 "shits", a few uses each of "bitch" and "piss", 3 damns, 3 craps, 2 hells, 1 ass, 9 uses of "Oh my God," 8 of "Jesus," 7 of "God," 5 of "Goddamn," 3 of "Jesus Christ," 2 of "Oh God" and 1 use each of "My God," "Oh Christ" and "Oh Jesus." The majority of the profanity comes from the character Clementine.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Two people smoke a joint at the edge of a bed.
- Some background dialogue is heard about pot balancing out the liquor that's been consumed.
- Joel asks Clementine if she wants a drink and then hands her a glass of whiskey.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated R for swearing, violence and sex themes
- Some of the scenes of memory loss may be upsetting.
- We see Clementine with a featureless, flat face (no eyes, etc., just flat flesh) and Patrick's face appears to be upside down (in a weird, surreal moment). Later, we see Dr. Mierzwiak and Joel with similar, flat faces. Some viewers may find such imagery unsettling.
- We see a memory flashback of other young kids pressuring Joel to hammer an apparently dead or injured pigeon in a wagon. He hits it several times.