Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for frightening images and brief mild language|
Sex & Nudity
- Two soldiers sexually harass a young woman in an alley.
- A young man is seen in a towel. Later in that scene, the towel is dropped, but no full frontal nudity is seen, only his butt is visible very briefly, it is very hard to notice. Three scenes show characters kissing.
Violence & Gore
- Contains scenes of infrequent mild violence and scary scenes.
- Mild language. In the English version, there is a single usage of "ship", but if one doesn't listen closely, it might sound like the word is "S**t". In the original Japanese version, one use of "damn" is present.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- An elderly woman is seen smoking in some scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A room that is lit begins to become dark, and is bordered with what looks like dark shadows of spirits. A young man is seen melting from his human form into a pile of green slime. The scene isn't prolonged, but may frighten some viewers.
- In an illusion, a room is suddenly filled with water. The characters are then seen floating in a sky, and tiny blue human-like spirits (with no faces) hold hands and dance around the characters. Then, one of the human characters is seen being transformed into a bird, not of his will, and slightly agonizes over the transformation. He then leaps up grabbing the other characters with him and breaks out of a window.
- A ship is seen with flames coming out, and is presumed to have been shot down. Men jump into the harbor to escape the flames. Then, in the harbor, a few bombs fall out of the sky into the water. People run in a panic, but nobody is seen harmed.
- A few scenes are shown where a creature with a human head fights off creatures who're flying. Towns are seen on fire.
- There's one scene of missiles hitting the ground and destroying a house.