Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- Lots of explicit sex scenes, both heterosexual and homosexual but no penetration shown.
- Full-frontal nudity (male, flacid), including female nudity.
Violence & Gore
- No gore. Violence is modest within the cinematic/TV range and mostly driven by specific social or age-related behaviors thus, no killing bloodletting for its own sake.
- Frequent violence, normally moderate e.g. nasty bruises/ bleeding nose or lip.
- Swearing is very frequent and used by characters from young teens to older folks of both genders. Probably more than we might realize in this British version's slang and probably less profane at times, within the British working class characters depicted as Americans just won't understand the nuances.
- Constant swearing throughout e.g. 'fuck' and 'cunt'. A few milder profanities used too.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Substance abuse and references of almost all kinds, some drugs not specifically named, is common to every episode and begins, in this social comedy, with the opening montage spoken by a parent, End Poverty, Free Drugs Now.
- Lots of drinking and smoking of cigarettes/cannabis joints in every episode.
- A family who are main characters (the maguires) are involved in crime business, including drug dealing.
- Ecstasy is constantly used and sold behind the bar in the pub.
- In season 3 (i think) and season 6, heroin addiction is a main theme. The injecting of it is shown and is quite graphic.
- Cocaine is used occasionaly.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some of the heroin withdrawal scenes can be quite intense.
- One or two of the murder/beating scenes can be intense.
Violence & Gore
- A few strongly violent scenes with lots of blood e.g. in season 6, when danny's father is beaten to death.