Motherless Brooklyn (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language throughout including some sexual references, brief drug use, and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A man consoles a woman and wakes up next to her with his arm around her the next morning.
- Several scenes with brief kisses.
- No nudity or any sex scenes are shown.
- No actual nudity or sex is shown, but has mild sexual references and brief kissing
Violence & Gore
- A man is shot. This is briefly seen on screen, although repeated in flashbacks. He is also shown on screen with a very bloody shirt.
- A man is made to fall off of a building, we see him hit the ground and presumably die from afar, some blood pools around his head.
- A man is shot in the foot. Blood is seen briefly.
- A body is briefly seen with several bloody bullet holes.
- There are several scenes in which characters are punched or kicked. Occasionally this results in them being knocked out. Often the aftermath is visible in ensuing scenes (i.e. bruises, cuts, etc.)
- The Tourette's tics which afflict the main character seldom results in profuse and vulgar swearing. This is usually neither played for laughs, nor as an insult.
- There are about 60 uses of the f-word and a mix of other profanity including some blasphemies.
- Multiple uses of negro and other words such as the f-word, s-word and much others.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character uses cannabis in several scenes.
- Most characters smoke cigarettes.
- Several characters drink regularly, and several scenes are set in bars.
- The protagonist abuses cannabis and alcohol to cope with his Tourette's symptoms.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several tense scenes with chases and impending threats.
- Characters are assaulted unawares in several scenes. These may be classified as extremely mild "jump scares."