Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, language, drug references and brief comic violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Some women lift their shirts so Ricky and Cal can sign their breasts. Main female character also lifts her shirt to show her breasts. No actual female nudity is shown.
- Some other sexual references and situations.
Violence & Gore
- Ricky tries to punch Jean Girard who blocks the blow, slaps him on the face, and pins him to a pool table via his arm. Jean Girard says he doesn't want to harm Ricky, but Ricky won't give in and insists that Jean Girard break his arm, so he does (done in a comically exaggerated fashion, including the sound of a loud crack and the arm being bent the wrong way.). Cal then tries to come at Jean Girard with an electronic shocker device, while Jean Girard grabs a pool cue to defend himself, but Larry fires a handgun into the ceiling to make everyone stop.
- Ricky is involved in a bad crash where his car goes airborne and then flips down the track. He's dazed but physically okay when he gets out, but mistakenly thinks he's on fire. Accordingly, he strips down to his underwear, shoes, and helmet and runs around the track like that.
- Thinking he's paralyzed (he's not), Ricky stays in a wheelchair and then, to prove his point, jams a large knife down into his leg. He then lets out a scream (all of this is played for comedy), with Lucius and Cal trying to get that knife out, including by using another large knife at the point of insertion (similarly played for laughs).
- To try to get Ricky to conquer his fear of driving, his dad puts a live, full-grown cougar in the car. The cat snarls at Ricky from inside, and his dad pressures him into trying to get in, but when Ricky opens the door, the cat jumps on him (we later see some bloody scrapes on his face from that).
- Later, his dad tries to have Ricky drive blindfolded, but Ricky ends up sideswiping various parked cars before crashing into a house, causing property damage.
- Larry orders a driver to bump another during a race, causing a massive pile-up of every car but Ricky and Jean Girard's. Those two then end up wrecking, flipping their cars through the air and down the track (played for comedy despite the damage to the cars -- but the men are okay).
- 1 bleeped out f word
- 9 "s" words
- 3 slang terms for sex ("laid," "did it" and "get it on"),
- 2 slang terms using male genitals ("d*ck" and "d*ckweed"),
- 4 S.O.B.s,
- In one scene people are praying at a table and Ricky Bobby says "Dear Baby Jesus," and then he keeps getting interrupted and told that Jesus isn't a baby anymore.
- 2 uses of the F word uncensored in the unrated edition.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Rickys dad smokes a few times throughout the movie. Also there are alcoholic beverages & drug references in a few scenes in the movie.
- Rickys dad tapes "cocaine" (which really are lucky charms) to the bottom of his car so he can learn to drive fast again by getting away from the cops
- A scene takes place in a bar where multiple characters are drinking beer.
- Cal tells Ricky that he wishes he could be hammered drunk while watching Jesus play lead lead guitar for Lynard Skynard.
- Ricky's dad is a pot dealer, and while he is never seen dealing, he mentions having weed in his hotel room, and that one of his only possessions is a duffel bag full of it. One of his grandsons asks him about his prices, but he ignores the remark.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- It's possible some of the bad race car wrecks could be unsettling for some viewers, but they're all played for comedy.
- Lucius starts to mention that a crewmember died in a fire that morning (to try to motivate Ricky to win in his honor), but Ricky then spots the crewmember who's alive and well.
Sex & Nudity
- A French man is gay and kisses Ricky Bobby at the end.