Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 61 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong horror violence throughout and some nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- Cleavage is shown throughout the movie.
- A few times throughout the movie we can slightly see the brief outline of characters nipples through their shirts. (We never actually see her nipples, just the outlines of them.)
- A man has intentions to sexually assault a woman by saying "I am going to have fun with you," but she shoots him before he ever tries anything. (Nothing explicit happens.)
- A woman without a shirt dies. Characters and objects obscure the view of her breasts.
- A nude woman lies unconscious in a shower covered by a shower curtain (her breasts are covered by her arm and her bare abdomen, and her hip and thigh are visible).
- A nude woman dies. The scene is dark so we do not see any explicit nudity.
- A nude woman is shown in a fluid tank. She covers the view of her breasts and public area with her arms and legs.
- A woman wears a low-cut dress that reveals cleavage and which is slit to the hip, revealing her bare thighs.
- A man and a woman hug and kiss (it is implied that they have had a relationship).
- Several men enter an abandoned hotel and one talks about wanting to "rent a porno."
Violence & Gore
- People infected by a virus look and act like zombies, with disfigured faces, in varying stages of decay, with gaping wounds, discolored skin, large, blackened teeth and their eyes are cloudy and bloodshot; one infected person grows tentacles.
- A man is attacked by several infected people, we hear gnashing and see them pulling at him, the infected people are shot, blood spurts and sprays and the man spits blood and lies motionless.
- A woman pushes a gurney through a corridor, a sharp device shoots out of the floor cutting the stretcher in half, and she steps forward and triggers another device that shoots her in the abdomen repeatedly (we see a lot of blood on her dress, she gags and gasps and falls to the floor dead).
- A man is attacked by an infected person, and he shoots him in the leg repeatedly until his leg is cut off at the knee (blood splatters and there is screaming.)
- A woman enters a room and has a flashback of a man being beheaded by a laser (we see the head separate and it is cauterized so there is no blood); she jumps out of the way of the lasers and into an air vent.
- A woman is attacked by an infected person, he holds her around the throat and squeezes, the woman gasps and gurgles and we see her twitching on the floor with blood on her mouth and pooled under her as she dies.
- An infected man shoots out long tentacles from his hand and thrusts them into the eyes and nose of another man who bleeds from the orifices and falls dead.
- An infected person is sliced in several pieces by lasers and we see the pieces of his body slide off (we see red tissue but no blood pours or spurts).
- Many infected people pour out of a trailer, they are shot and stabbed and slashed and several are beheaded -- we hear slashing and squishing as the heads separate and blood spurts; a few have their necks snapped, several are shot through the head (we see blood spurt and holes open up), and one is slashed up from the crotch to the throat (we see blood and hear ripping).
- A woman who is infected attacks a man and bites him on the chest (we see the gaping and sore wound a few times) and she is then shot (blood splatters).
- A woman is attacked by several infected dogs (they glisten with blood and snap ferociously): she is chased by the dogs, one dog is impaled, three are wrapped up in cables, another has its neck snapped, and one is electrocuted.
- A woman fights an infected man: she slashes him with a knife, we see the wound open and then heal itself, he grabs her with his tentacles around the throat and squeezes, and she slices off the tentacles.
- Many large crows surround a camp where several vehicles filled with people are gathered; the birds circle overhead, the people try to run, several are pecked to death (we hear screaming and squishing, we see blood on their faces and heads), and flames shoot into the air engulfing the birds and destroying them.
- Dogs wrapped in cables pull at the cables and cause a beam to pull away and a portion of the floor to cave in causing several people to fall; the dogs then attack them (we hear snarling and tearing and the people scream and try to get away but to no avail).
- A man is overcome by the virus, he turns grayish-blue, he tries to bite a young woman, another man grabs him, he is bitten on the arm, and he shoots the infected man in the head (blood spurts on the ground behind him).
- An infected person attacks two men who are locked in a room with him, we hear screaming, tearing and gnashing and we see one man's bloody glove reaching up for help.
- An infected person eats the intestines of a dead man (we hear slurping and snarling) and the infected person is then struck by a car (we see the body being dragged under the vehicle) and then by a bus (we hear a splatter).
- An infected person is shot with an arrow through the forehead and is pinned to the side of a truck (we see a bit of blood from the wound).
- A woman shoots several men (we see blood spurt when they are each shot).
- A man drives a truck through many infected people (we see bodies splatter on the windshield and getting tossed as they are struck), the truck flips on its side, the infected people charge, they pull the track windows away, they reach for the man inside, and the truck blows up (we see bodies thrown into the air).
- A man is bitten by two infected people and he falls off an Eiffel tower replica and crashes onto a beam (he spits out blood and lies dead) while the other two fall to the ground below.
- A woman opens a closet door, she is swarmed by flies and we see the blackened feet of a victim who is presumably hanging in the closet.
- A crow pecks at the face of an infected person.
- A woman finds many dead bodies in a laboratory, several are impaled (we see bloody wounds), and others hang from their feet.
- A dead woman with blood on her abdomen is thrown into a large pile of other dead bodies with similar bloody wounds.
- A woman finds a large pile of dead bodies with bloody wounds.
- A woman draws a gun and enters a building, we hear someone whimpering, the woman finds a woman who hands her a baby (it turns out to be a doll), and others hold guns on her; one man traces a large knife on the inside of her thighs, he unfastens his pants (suggesting he will rape her), and she kicks him in the face, he spits out blood and falls back on the floor dead.
- A woman creates a force field that throws an infected person through a wall, the infected person yells loudly and the woman is thrown through a wall too, she gets up and punches and kicks the infected person, and he throws her down.
- A woman is struck hard on the back of the head with a gun.
- A woman with her gun drawn walks through dark hallways, and we see bloody handprints and blood smeared on walls.
- A woman falls into another woman's arms, she gasps and falls limp.
- A young woman is startled and screams when a crow squeaks in her face.
- A woman has a nightmare and she uses mental powers to lift rocks and a motorcycle, but when she is startled they all fall to the ground and the motorcycle is shattered.
- Many infected people surround a fenced in area; we hear them growling and snarling.
- A man is startled by infected men behind a window; they slam chairs against it but the window does not break.
- People talk about the "undead."
- Men talk about the infected having a hunger for flesh and about the possibility of domesticating the infected.
- We hear that not only humans are dying but also a whole planet is dying from a virus.
- People are shown mourning the dead at funerals, and several people mourn over dead people during a burial.
- A man injects himself with large quantities of a serum after having been bitten by an infected person.
- Four scatological terms, two anatomical terms, four mild obscenities and six religious exclamations.
- Name calling (animals.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man smokes a cigarette in one scene.
- A woman asks for and searches for cigarettes in a few scenes.
- A man says, "I wish I had a smoke."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- People are in extreme peril, and most of the main characters -- even sympathetic ones -- wind up slain grotesquely.
- L.J. watches the woman he likes being killed, he tries to save her but can't, quite emotional.
- The dead body of a suicide victim is shown (quick but still on-screen.)
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Carlos blows up the oil rig with himself still in it (the martydom may upset some people.)
- Alice sees clones of herself, they are all dead laying in a ditch.
- After the camera pans out from the dead Alice clones, and a fence is in view a zombie suddenly appears by the fence, might be a bit jumpy.