I Am Legend (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Just a kiss between the main character and his wife.
- A muscular man works out topless briefly.
- Pencil sketches of two nude women.
- Images of women in underwear attire and revealing clothing on the cases of the movies.
Violence & Gore
- Dark seekers are people who were infected by a virus that turns them into zombie-like creatures; they are hairless humans with grey-tinged skin and pointy teeth that like to feed on other humans and will burn if exposed to sunlight.
- Several violent scenes of a man fighting seekers using guns and explosions.
- Several dark seeker dogs charge toward a man and a dog, they are stopped by a ray of sunlight and when the sunlight fades they attack them: one dark seeker dog is shot by the man, one knocks the man down and snaps close to his face, one dark seeker dog attacks the dog (we hear biting), and the dog then attacks the dark seeker dog that is about to bite the man; the dark seeker dog is shot and the dog whimpers and lies on the ground with many bloody wounds.
- Many dark seekers charge toward a house, an explosion blows many of them through the air and we see them lying dead on the ground, while others pour into the house: a man fights with one, he shoots causing explosions inside the house, the dark seeker bites the man and throws him around, and the man stabs the dark seeker in the leg; the dark seeker then runs away and jumps out of a window.
- A man with a gun tracks a deer on foot, he finds it and takes aim at it, and a lioness leaps on it and holds it by the throat (we hear the deer whimper and hear a crunch, it falls limp and the lion drags it away); a male lion approaches with two cubs and the man and the lion watch each other, and then the man leaves.
- A man steps into a puddle, his foot is caught in a trap, he is pulled off his feet, strikes his head hard on the ground and dangles from one ankle in the air (blood drips from his head).
- A man hanging from a rope around his ankle cuts himself loose, lands hard on the ground and stabs himself in the leg with the knife he used to cut the rope (he tries to pull the knife out but cannot and drags himself along the street to his car).
- A helicopter takes off from a pier, people cling to the landing gear, and it spins out of control and crashes into another helicopter in mid-flight (we see the helicopter approaching the other but do not see the actual crash).
- There is a large explosion that causes a huge fire and leaves many dead (we see the fire erupt but no victims are shown).
- Bridges are shot at and they break and fall into water (we hear people screaming and see large explosions).
- 1 scatological term, 2 mild obscenities and 4 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A woman is forced to give her baby to strangers as she is infected and can't leave the quarantine but the baby can, quite sad
- The ending is very intense and could be scary or sad
- A mutant jumps against the window of Will Smith's car and you see his daughter screaming, this can be extremely disturbing to some.
- Will Smith goes into a dark apartment looking for his dog, Sam, and stumbles upon a big group of mutants and 3 separate mutants that chase him. Very intense.
- Will Smith crashes his car and the leader mutant climbs into the car and crawls right up to Will Smith's face and screams. Very intense and frightening.
- There are a few jump scenes throughout the film.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The main character (Will Smith) dies in the end.
- The scene where the main character has a dream about his family dying is shocking.
- After the main character's dog is bitten you see it transforming and growling. A very frightening, intense, and sad scene occurs. He is forced to smother his dog because it is transforming into a mutant, the camera is on Will Smith's the whole time though, but you can still kinda hear the dog gasping for air. The scene can be extremely disturbing and can upset viewers and dog lovers.