Arn: The Knight Templar (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
Sex & Nudity
- A young woman enters a young man's chamber to have sex with him. Shown from behind, she pulls down her top and climbs on him. He pushes her away after a while and one of her breasts is very briefly seen. She cover herself and leaves.
- A man and a woman have sex in the forest. Nothing is really seen. Both are seen lying nude on the ground but covered by a blanket.
Violence & Gore
- The film opens with a chase in the desert where men are stabed and shot with arrows. Not graphic.
- The main character Arn witnesses as a young child how his best friend's father is shot with a crossbow and stabbed to death with a sword.
- Arn is trained from childhood to be a crusader by a monk. When Arn walks in the forest he witnesses how a woman is being forced into marrige by a man and his friends. Arn takes the girl in defence and is attacked by the man and his friend. Arn slashes the throat of the first graphicly with his sword and stabs the other to death defending himself and the girl.
- Arn duels a man at the thing. Arn cuts of his opponents hand. This is the most graphic scene in the film.
- Knut decapitates the king offscreen. Arn shoots one of the king's guards with a arrow.
- A nun uses her position to torture a woman who has fallen in love with a man who belong to a clan that are the enemies of the clan of the nun.
- The film ends with a large battle where lots of people die. It's not graphic however.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Men drink at feasts.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The "hand-scene" is rather disturbing.
- The main character is exposed to death and violence from an early age.