Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
Sex & Nudity
- At the end of season 1, a character is very nearly forced to have sex with a family member. It doesn't actually happen, but the character does strip down. The entire episode is extremely intense.
- Very strong sex references and occasional nudity in some episodes
- Sex scenes are much more intense and graphic in the first two series, but become a little more mild from series 3 onward.
- Occasional sex scenes - quite graphic - no close up penetration shown, but some full frontal nudity.
- Most of the nudity however involves adults as the main characters will almost 100% have nudity covered with an arm or, simply off camera. Some scenes do contain shots of the character's backsides.
Violence & Gore
- There's occasional violence that ends in a bloody nose or a cut cheek, usually fights.
- Some fight scenes.
- Some dead bodies seen when characters die.
- Each generation has one death of a main character, all of them being a little bloody in some way.
- A girl commits suicide at the start of series 4 by jumping off of a club balcony whilst high on drugs, which becomes the focal point of the series. There is blood pooled around her head.
- Occasional and sometimes strong
- In Season 1 Episode 3 the N word is said by a character...
- 'Fuck' used all the way through every episode, also frequent use of 'Shit', 'Cunt' and other milder profanities
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Strong drug use and teen partying in most of episodes.
- Various drugs are portrayed throughout series, including alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, mdma, cocaine, pharmaceuticals, psychedelics, and other drugs.
- People occasionaly snorting cocaine/mdma, taking various pills.
- Lots of weed/cigarettes are smoked throughout every episode.
- In season 1, there is an episode where a character injects pure heroin into themself.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In S1E6, there is a gun hostage scene, no one ends up getting shot but the whole situation is suspenseful
- No frightening scenes but a few intense and some extremely depressing scenes, especially in season 1 & 2.
- Each generation has one death of a main character.