Bride Wars (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for suggestive content, language and some rude behavior|
Sex & Nudity
- Kate Hudson is wearing a pink bra under a coat in an office meeting without shirt.
- At an exotic dance club, a woman is invited on stage, a dancer pulls off his costume (we see him bare-chested and in tight, short boxers), and he dances suggestively behind her and frisks her. A woman wearing short shorts and a low-cut top (thighs and cleavage are seen) dances suggestively on a stage and people in an audience cheer. A woman in a video, wearing shorts and a bikini top, dances on a bar (she appears drunk) while people cheer her on.
- A woman kisses a man hard. A man and a woman kiss, and she jumps into his arms and wraps her legs around his waist. Two couples kiss. A husband and a wife are shown in bed together (he is asleep).
- There is no explicit nudity or sex scenes. Though the NUMEROUS sexual themes and dialogues stretch the "PG" rating by A LOT
- There is a bachelorette party scene in a strip club where a male stripper is shown, and he is sexually rubbing his self against another girl but no nudity or racy scenes are shown. There are also a few other male entertainers in the club, all of who are in shimmery, skin-tight short underwear, usually with no shirts on.
- The bachelorette party scene shows Anne Hathaway's character doing exotic dancing on stage; in this shot she is wearing a skin-tight policeman's uniform with very tight mini-shorts on.
- Anne Hathaway is briefly shown on a video wearing a bikini top and acting sensually.
- Kate Hudson is briefly seen with a wedding dress that is not zipped up and we see her black bra.
Violence & Gore
- A girl slaps another girl. One of the brides tackles the other from behind as she is walking down the aisle. Overall, there's just a lot of rude behavior given and received on both ends.
- There were several words used such as bitchy (used 3x) and ass. There was also one use of mother f, but that's exactly what they said.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- It is assumed that one of the girls has had too much to drink from the night before when she wakes up with a hangover.
- One girl has an embarrassing video made of her drinking too much tequila and behaving out of control on spring break.
- There are several shots in the movie of various people with any assortment of drinks.
- There is a bride at the beginning of the movie who is extremely drunk and exhibits embarrassing behavior at her wedding reception.
- One of Emma's co-workers, a main character in the movie, is implied to be a heavy drinker, as she behaves like one in many scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There aren't really any frightening scenes, but the two main girls get into many arguments and a few fist fights. In another scene, they both chase a different girl around a store. These are all intended to be humorous, though.
- Anne Hathaway's character's skin turns bright orange after a bad experience at a tanning salon. This may look a little frightening to younger kids, but again, it is supposed to be funny. The same applies for Kate Hudson's character, who has blue hair at one point.
- The girls' bachelorette party at a bar gets a little out of hand when Anne Hathaway starts dancing very provocatively onstage.
Sex & Nudity
- A woman ties a man's tie for him and he seems to be attracted to her (it goes unnoticed). A woman is registered at Babies R Us by someone else implying that she is pregnant (she is not).
- Two young girls dance together after having had a pretend wedding ceremony (one dressed in a dress and the other in a tuxedo); one says to the other, "I will dance with you until we have six babies and a house." A man refers to a woman as another man's "hot girlfriend" and another woman agrees