The timestream was changed by sending a Doomsday Machine back in time. There, the Doomsday Machine destroyed several planets, manufactured more Doomsday Machines, and began what is now known as the Doomsday Wars. Captain Kirk, in command of the USS Farragut, is sent back in time to prevent this from happening and save the future.
Did You Know?
The boxing poster seen on the garage wall when the door is opened, is the same poster that is hanging on the building where Kirk and Spock appear after going through the Guardian of Forever in the original series episode "City on the Edge of Forever" See more
[All goofs for this title are spoilers.
Commodore Matthew Decker
[on video tape
Commodore Matthew Decker. This is my report. If you're watching this tape, it means someone from Starfleet has come looking for me. I'm betting it's Jim Kirk. But whoever it is, I'm sorry I missed seeing you.
In 2005 a "Special Edition" of the second episode "In Harm's Way" was released with some changes:
- Cow Creek Films logo added at the beginning
- Reformatted credits in the opening titles
- alternate takes and camera angles during the introductions in Gateway lab
- additional dialogue in the lab: Spock and McCoy banter; Kargh mentions a Klingon study of chronitons; Kirk refers to Enterprise's "short tenure"
- Linking to the episode this trivia refers to