Rachel Getting Married (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 5 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and brief sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- There is one very brief sex scene between Kym and the best man. It takes place in a dark room in silhouette form, with no visible nudity, and only lasts for several seconds. There is a reference to pedophilia, although it is proved to be false. Kym takes a bath, though most of her breasts remained covered. Skimpy dancers wear nothing more than bikini-type outfits, while suggestively dancing.
Violence & Gore
- Kym confronts her mom about why the latter left her in charge of her younger brother knowing full well that Kym was a drug addict. Her mom defends that by saying Kym was so good with him, but Kym is upset about that past, fateful decision. The two argue about that, with mom then impulsively punching Kym in the face (leaving her with a black eye later), followed by another hit.
- 16 "f" words, 7 "s" words, 1 slang term using male genitals ("c*cks*cker"), 3 asses, 3 damns, 2 hells.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Kym is constantly smoking on a cigarette. She also attends "12-Step" meetings for rehab, and we hear about her drug addiction history. There is constant talk of her previous drug and alcohol addiction, though it is noted that she has been sober for 9 months. Many wedding guests also drink wine both at the rehearsal dinner and at the reception.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Upset about a confrontation with her mom, Kym storms out and on the way home purposefully drives her car off the road, crashing through brush and such until running into a tree. The air bag deploys, but she's okay.