BioShock (2007 Video Game)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
Sex & Nudity
- A man talks about attractiveness of women very mildly, worst thing being "yeah she was the pretty one."
- A woman says she slept with somebody for information.
- A character mentions a club in one scene although it's unclear what kind of club he's talking about.
Violence & Gore
- The player (and a few Splicers) can use Plasmids. These are genetic alterations that give the user superhuman powers. These include murderous swarms of hornets, fire, and electricity. Corpses appear burned and charred when fire is used.
- In one mission, the player must hunt down and kill several men, then take pictures of their corpses for a character's "masterpiece."
- The player can choose from a large variety of guns. When used against enemies, they produce very unrealistic and cartoonish blood splatters.
- The majority of the enemies are Splicers; severely deformed and very violent, deranged drug addicts.
- Racial and xenophobic slurs are rarely used, such as kraut and slant.
- The F-word is used a few times but very infrequently.
- Mild curse words such as damn, hell, and bitch are used fairly frequently.
- The f-word is used but end credits start
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Throughout the game alcohol and cigarettes are frequently found. The player can drink/smoke these. If the player drinks too much alcohol the screen becomes fuzzy for a short period of time and the player sways while moving. It is not portrayed in a positive light, however, as using alcohol/cigarettes lowers your health and EVE.
- Plasmids are a main focus of the game, along with the detrimental effects they have on the users.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- If Bioshock was a movie it would be rated R: For Strong bloody violence, moderate language and disturbing images.
- Enemies known as the "Big Daddy" can be very frightening to some players. They are massive creatures that'll attack when you antagonize them. Some are equipped with drill, these ones will charge at you and try to pummel you down. While others can stay back and shoot you from afar with a machine gun. Players will have their work cut out for them whenever they battle one; especially when they play on Survival Difficulty.
- There are a few jumpscares throughout the game, however, most of the game's intensity and scariness comes from atmosphere and story.
- This game should be fine for ages 16 and up.