Iron Man 2 (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some language|
Sex & Nudity
- When Tony is in his shop, he is talking with Jarvis, his assistant, and Jarvis congratulates him on something he did with the congress. Then Jarvis says he is glad he saw Tony in a video with clothes on.
- Some Strong Sexuality and Sensuality
- The Subjects of Prostitution and Pleasuring Ones Self is Briefly Mentioned
- In a Deleted Scene Tony Stark is showing off one of his Repulse Blasters to a Young Woman, and while doing she Mentions Everyone Can See Up Her Dress while in Mid Air.
- In the opening Scene when Tony Stark is making his Grand Entrance to Introduce the Newly Reopened Stark Expo, at the end of his Grand Entrance he hired some Back Up Dancers whom Are Dancing Seductively with Sexy Iron Man Inspired Outfits.
- For a Few Quick Seconds in the Film A Young Woman with Large Breasts is Holding a Watermelon while Bouncing Up And Down in the Mist of the Excitement, and Getting Tony Stark's Attention in order to get him Fire at the Said Watermelon.
- Tony is a womanizing playboy who makes mildly off-color and sometimes demeaning quips about his conquests. He references masturbation, and he hangs out with scantily clad women. He tosses out a joke about congressmen and their prostitutes.
- But Tony also suggests that with Pepper he may be entering into a more stable, monogamous relationship.
- Elsewhere, we see shapely S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Natalie Rushman pose in lingerie and change clothes in the backseat of a car. (The camera takes in her bra-clad torso.) Iron Man makes an appearance in front of a line of women dancing in short shorts and revealing tops. Somebody besides Tony references having sex. And Pepper warns her boss that he may be slapped with a sexual harassment suit if he doesn't stop ogling Natalie.
Violence & Gore
- Ivan's the only one who ends up making such a suit work. First he designs a stripped-down model with the electric whips. He tries it out on a Monte Carlo race coursewhile Tony's driving a car on it. His whips slam down on speeding cars cutting them open, turning them into fireballs, making them crash.
- Ivan and Iron Man end up duking it out with fists and whips, of course. And Tony's chauffeur rams Ivan over and over again to try to subdue him. In prison, Ivan kills a prison mate and a guard, and he blows up his cell. He sics deadly drones on Tony, and innocent civilians get in the way. The humanoid-looking drones fire missiles, shoot guns, throw punches and eventually explode in a variety of ways. Ivan also claims control of an earlier generation Iron Man suit worn by Rhodey. The suit's been armed to the gills with a variety of guns and missiles, making it a lethal adversary when Ivan and Tony clash again with Rhodey held hostage in the middle of it all. Eventually, Ivan unveils his next-gen supersuit which is so formidable that Tony and Rhodey have to team up to fight against it.
- Each battle is spectacularly loud, fiery and frenetic.
- Natalie hits, kicks and chokes about a dozen guards into submission. Both Natalie and Tony fight an opponent in a boxing ring. Tony "wins" his match by cheating. (He starts kicking.) Natalie uses acrobatic fight maneuvers. A bodyguard has a long, drawn-out fight with a security guard. Ivan apparently kills two guards, leaving him with blood on his hands. (We see his victims dangle from the ceiling.)
- In Tony's house, he and Rhodey have a cataclysmic fight while wearing their respective suits.
- Hammer says "Jesus Christ" in a profane manner.
- A man insults another man with a mild double entendre. Saying "Funny how annoying a little 'prick' can be isn't it" This will go over most kid's heads.
- The word "shit" is used three times. Two f-bombs are self-censored on a television program. Other curses include "ass," and "bitch" respectively.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- During what he believes could be his final birthday party, Tony gets drunk to the delight of the party's attendees, but the chagrin of his friends. (And the movie makes it clear that we're not supposed to like it either.)
- He carelessly shoots bottles and watermelons with his hand jets, tries to drunkenly kiss Pepper and antagonizes Rhodey to the point where he dons an older Iron Man armor to force Tony to stop.
- Elsewhere, Tony and others drink wine, martinis and vodka (some of which is given to a cockatoo). Tony and Pepper open a bottle of champagne to celebrate her promotion. We learn that Ivan's father raised him in a "vodka-fueled rage."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The actions scenes, especially the final battle, are quite intense. Some of Whiplash's actions may scare some emotionally fragile viewers.
- Ivan attacks a car race by pummeling several and splitting one in half. This is a very intense scene for people who haven't seen many movies.
- The battle between Rhodes and Stark is unsettling considering it is a very violent match.
- While in his suit, Rhodes and several drones behind him, are remotely controlled (by Ivan) to fly and fire at Stark, in an attempt to kill him. This could frighten some viewers.
Sex & Nudity
- Tony and Pepper share a passionate kiss after the final battle