Cloud Atlas (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Two men are in bed together and they begin kissing each other. Later a man and a woman are naked on the floor having sex with the woman on top of the man while they grind.
- One mild sex scene occurs, a man sleeps with another man's wife, her breasts are visible briefly.
- Multiple topless women are shown in a scene, but not in a sexual context.
- Two men are naked in bed, one gets up and gets dressed, he is shown nude from the back.
- A couple have sex in graphic detail, both are fully naked on the floor with the woman on top. She moves her hips rhythmically as he thrusts upwards into her, this scene lasts around a minute.
Violence & Gore
- Two death scenes take place involving a gun in someone's mouth. The first is sudden, and we see blood spray onto the wall and bed behind the victim. In the second instance, we hear the gunshot, and later see the bloody results.
- A futuristic chase scene with plenty of gunshots and explosions.
- A dog is shot off-screen.
- A woman while driving, is forced off of a bridge into the water.
- 20 or so f-words, and one use of the c-word. Several uses of s__t, damn, hell, 'for Chr*st's sake' and other profanity.
- Racial slurs and speech are rather prominent in this film, as racism/classism/dehumanization/etc is an underlying theme throughout the film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many smoke cigarettes throughout the movie. Alcohol is consumed at some points as well.
- Marijuana is smoked a few times during the 70's scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Most of the violent scenes are intense.
- A lot of racism and otherwise dehumanization of minorities is depicted throughout the film, which may disturb some.
Violence & Gore
- Woman is killed by a remote controlled explosive collar, causing blood to spurt everywhere. It is later revealed that all clones are eventually killed, and literally fed to the next generation of clones. The clones are killed by an (sort of) electric chair, decapitated (off screen), and then shipped around a factory to be conerted into foodstuff. We see thousands of hanging, bloody bodies without heads.
- Brutal fights take place between Zachary's tribe and Kona barbarians. A man has his throat slit (seen at a distance), a young boy is shot and killed by a crossbow, and a village is destroyed. We see heads stuck onto pikes and burning houses and corpses.
- There are several other scenes of violence throughout the film, some stronger than others, but none of them are very long. The camera watches a man's fall from the top of a skyscraper as he hits the ground, with blood and guts flying forth. Autua is seen being whipped, we see some bloody scars. A shootout and chase in San Francisco involves a violent car crash, a few mild wounds, and a man receiving several blows to the head from a wrench, causing blood to ooze. An airplane explodes, a man dies after being hit in the head with a trunk of gold (we see blood ooze).
- A rather violent (yet comedic) bar fight causes a man's tooth to be dislodged. We see a keg smashed over someone's head, tables turned, and people mercilessly punched and kicked. Autua gets into a fight with the doctor in the hull of the ship, and at one point, bites the man to get him away.