For Colored Girls (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated R for some disturbing violence including a rape, sexual content and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man is seen putting his underwear on - no nudity.
- After sex a man lifts himself off a woman in bed; neither's body is uncovered, but the top of the woman's large breasts are shown as she turns over.
- A man takes his clothes off - we see male rear nudity - and procedes to rape a woman. None of her body is seen except a bare leg when she's on the floor.
- One character is shown to be very promiscuous, inviting several men back in her home. There are many references to one-night stands, homosexual sex, and some sexual abuse.
- When two women fight and a man is chased out of the room, the younger woman's breasts are partly visible throughout the scene as her robe falls halfway open.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is date raped on her kitchen floor. Very disturbing. The man knocks her around and she falls on the floor stomach-down.
- A woman is beaten off screen by her boyfriend. We hear the screams and see the apartment shaking.
- A man dangles his two children out of the window and drops them, while the screaming mother fights him trying to save them.
- A woman recieves botched abortion from an intoxicated woman. We see the instruments up close and the young woman's naked fear. She is seen traumatized in hospital later.
- A woman has her stomach pumped after a suicide attempt.
- Two women fight each other, shoving and slapping. One woman is shown to have a bruise near her mouth afterward from knocking against something.
- Some strong language including 12 F-words and its derivatives, 1 use of "n!gga"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- An abortionist is shown clearly drunk.
- A woman tries to kill herself with an overdose; we see the pills by her hand in a doorway.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There's a screaming fight between a mother and daughter, both recounting abuse from their pasts.
- Three traumatized women are shown in a hospital, one screaming when she finds her children died, one numbly recounting a rape, and another giving a partially incoherent account of a bad and painful abortion.