A Separation (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material|
Sex & Nudity
- A female housekeeper who is asked to take care of an elderly, non-related man with Alzheimer's disease, calls somebody, asking if it would be a sin to help him change his pants (as he has soiled himself). When told that it would not be considered a sin, she changes his pants off-camera.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is forcing her daughter to come and live with her after a quarrel with her ex-husband.
- A brief altercation occurs between two men. They hit each other, however, the violence can only be observed from a distance. A female character is struck in the face when she tries to break up the altercation.
- A depressed man smacks his head repeatedly.
- Contains infrequent mild coarse language, including terms such as "shit" and "pissed". One character makes a disrespectful remark about wiping an elderly man's "ass".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In one scene, a character can be briefly spotted smoking from a distance.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film deals with themes such as miscarriage and mental health (including depression and Alzheimer's disease), which may be confusing or upsetting for particularly young audiences. The film also deals with the complexities of morality, as two separate parties try to exploit Iran's restrictive legal system in their favour.
- A child plays with the knob on an elderly man's oxygen tank, causing him to gasp for air.