Deepwater Horizon (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for prolonged intense disaster sequences and related disturbing images|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and his wife are seen in bed together, in their underwear. The woman is wearing a thong, so when she rolls over, her backside is shown. No male nudity is present however. We see them start to kiss. Later, their daughter makes vague references about not going into their room.
- A man has a shower, but no nudity is seen.
Violence & Gore
- Several men are thrown around when too much oil goes through the rig and breaks part of it.
- A group of men are killed when an entire room completely fills with oil and gas and the ensuing explosion that consumes the rig.
- Several men in a shack are killed by falling, burning debris which causes an explosion.
- A man is thrown against the wall by an explosion and gets a shard of glass in his foot. He then takes the bloody shard out of his foot and cries in pain. He is also partially blinded by the explosion, with blood running down his eye. This scene is very graphic, bloody, and somewhat painful to watch.
- A man gets his leg broken and pinned under a metal floor. We see the bone sticking out and apparently pinned against a metal beam. Another man then puts the bone back in to get him out and he screams in pain. Very bloody and graphic.
- A man is killed after being hit by debris. We see him get hit, then his lifeless body fall into the water.
- A man burns his hands after touching a metal door that has been heated up by fire.
- A man forces a woman to jump off the rig (in order to save her life) before jumping off himself. He is then hit by debris, but doesn't seem too badly harmed.
- Several men and women are covered in blood at the end of the movie.
- A man gets into a violent argument with another man, shaking him violently and hitting someone else who tries to intervene.
- A man has an emotional breakdown and breaks some glass on accident. He turns out okay afterwards, however.
- There is multiple uses of coarse language throughout this film.
- At least 1 abuse of "Jesus," and 4 instances of the 'f' word.
- Multiple uses of "shit"
- Several uses of "Bitch".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman seen drinking a beer
- Drugs: None
- Smoking: None
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The 30 minute or so oil-rig disaster scene takes up most of the third act and is incredibly intense
- This movie is intense and perilous throughout the latter half.
- The rig exploding is pretty loud and surprising. And the effect it has on the rig, is quite shocking.
- A man pulls a glass shard out of his foot, this is very graphic and might disturb plenty of viewers. He also puts a boot on his bare foot which makes it look more painful.
- A man has a bone portruding out of his broken leg which apparently also pins him. This looks very painful and graphic. Another man then puts the bone back in his leg to get him out and he shrieks in pain.
- The fire throughout much of the movie is very realistic-looking and surprising.
- A man and woman make a desperate jump to safety while debris and fire is all around them. The man ends up having to force the woman to jump in order to save her.
- The movie is very emotionally intense throughout, for obvious reasons.
- The ending is quite emotional.