About a Boy (2014–2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 6 items
Sex & Nudity
- a male character frequently engages in and talks about having sexual relationships with many different women. The subject of casual sex is discussed in real and slang terms in almost every episode, there is quite a bit of innuendo, and some crude slang used and body parts named. Couples are shown kissing, partially undressing and lying in bed together afterwards, but no actual sex acts or full nudity are ever shown. Prostitution, pedophilia and homosexuality are briefly joked about on occasion. Some dialogue involving sex is discussed with a pre-teen boy. Childbirth and pregnancy are discussed and depicted. The camera lingers on clothed buttocks a few times. Most of the sexual references are intended to be comical. Men and women are occasionally shown in revealing clothing, costumes, and underwear.
- A woman sits on top of a man who is lying down and starts taking her clothes off. Brief references to sexual exploits.
- A woman kisses Marcus suggestively while they are on his porch. Her young daughters are watching and one daughter comments about Marcus grabbing her mom's bottom.
Violence & Gore
- Barely any throughout the show. It is implied that multiple characters get hurt at points, but overall very mild violence.
- Mild swearing and name calling, some bathroom-humor words and crude sexual slang. It is implied that a boy "gives the finger" to someone.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drinking occurs, and some scenes involve bars, clubs or parties where drinking is going on. A character has a margaritas party. Some characters become drunk from wine and pass out. It is implied that some characters have brownies and treats with marijuana in them.