Game Night (I) (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language, sexual references and some violence|
Sex & Nudity
- One of the villains compliments Rachel McAdams on her rear end. She appears to be flattered.
- Some kissing and embracing.
- A man says that he masturbated in the room next door, while in a sperm doctor's office.
- A man tells an inappropriate, embarrassing story about another man who tried to give himself oral sex using rope.
- No sex or nudity, but lots of sex jokes and crude humor.
Violence & Gore
- A man is seen fighting two men at different times in an underground fight club. The fights are fully shown, and moderately bloody.
- A man gets into a lengthy fist fight with two other men in a house.
- A woman hits a man in the face with a fire extinguisher, and a cut can be seen on his head.
- A woman accidentally shoots a man in the arm, and the bloody bullet hole is seen several times. She later tries to remove the bullet, but then realizes that the bullet went clean through his arm, and the hole is seen from a distance.
- Two men struggle on a plane, and one of them throws a knife in the other's arm, and the other chokes him out with a wire.
- There's a lengthy car chase in which two cars slam into each other, and a man jumps out of one of the cars and rolls, and two men jump out of one of the cars and shoot at the other car.
- There's a long chase in a mansion, and several people are hit and tackled. A lot of it is slapstick though.
- A man gets sucked into the engine of a plane and killed. Only some blood is shown, and this could be the most violent part of the film, though it's not very graphic.
- A man cleans his bullet wound and accidentally gets blood all over a white dog in the room with him. This scene is played for humor.
- 28 uses of "fuck", 56 uses of "shit", 11 uses of "damn" (7 paired with "God"), 6 uses of "hell", 5 uses of "bitch", 9 uses of "ass" (4 used as "asshole"), 3 uses of "dick", 7 uses of "Jesus Christ" and 1 use of "prick".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- At the beginning of the movie, Max (Jason Bateman) approaches a barmaid in a bar where they are having a bar/pub quiz, and asks for three shots of vodka for the other team, implying for them to get drunk and intoxicated.
- In one seen, the group during game night in their home, play a drinking game, where one person reveals a secret of having an affair in front of their husband.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some action. Most of the violence is played for laughs.
- One character gets shot. It seems like he is killed, but it turns out that he is okay as it was fake. Not long after this, he gets shot for real. This scene might unsettle some viewers. Some viewers might feel bad for the character.
- Lots of shooting, chasing, and fighting, which can get intense, but it's not so bad, as pretty much all of it is played for humor.
Violence & Gore
- A character gets shot. Blood spurts. However, it's revealed that he faked and it was only a blood pack, but then, he gets shot for real and this time, real blood spurts. He survives.
- A man gets shot by surprise, with lots of blood. He lies on the floor dying in a pool of blood. He stands up, but gets shot by surprise once again. By far, this is the goriest scene in the entire film.