The Road Within (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language throughout, some sexual content/nudity and drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Vincent and Marie kiss a few times.
- Vincent and Marie have sex, the scene is intimate. Both are fully nude but little nudity is shown. His butt is somewhat visible as he thrusts on top. Here breasts/nipples are just barely visible, partially obscured by grass.
- Marie flashes her breasts at Alex. They are very clearly displayed.
- Vincent and Marie spoon.
Violence & Gore
- Vincent and Alex have a fight, it gets quite aggressive with Vincent pummelling Alex's face until he is bloody. They make up after.
- Incredibly strong language throughout as you would expect with a protagonist suffering from Tourette's. At least 40 "c**ts", over 100 "f**ks" (one use of 'Jesus F**king Christ', another use of 'F**king Christ'), many "sh*ts" and other language such as "b*tch", "tw*t", "w*nk" etc.
- Some racial language, generally it is humorous and never malicious.
- Just to set the record straight: The fact that the protagonist has Tourette's does not automatically mean there will be swearing -- though this character with TS swears. Tics involving inappropriate language is called coprolalia and, despite what media would have most believe, it affects only 10-15% of those with TS. That said, this movie has been highly praised by many in the TS community, strong language and all.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters smoke and drink alcohol a few times throughout.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A very emotionally intense, yet beautiful film. Marie's yelling at the end could be quite upsetting.
- The relationship between Vincent and his father is also quite emotional.
- Nothing frightening.
- A beautiful, lovely, perfect movie.