The Expanse (2015– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
Sex & Nudity
- season 1 - Heterosexual relationships that include mild insinuated love all the way up to consummation of these acts shown. Homosexual M+M relationships that are inferred up to minor touching, What appears to be male prostitutes in a club. Homosexual W+W including girls in a club dancing with each other looking at each other with great interest/lust.
- Season 3 Man and woman shown naked laying face to face and the woman's buttocks are shown.
- Season 4: Second episode man and woman having sex. Woman on top shown from back. She's moaning and grunting and moving on the man. Her buttocks are shown.
- S2E1: a couple undresses after a space walk and has sex on the space ship. The scene is filmed several feet away but both can be seen naked (no nudity shown).
- The only real concern regarding sex and nudity is the pilot. Nothing too bad after that.
- Season 5 Ep 1 Two men are seen naked leaving a locker room. Rear nudity is shown.
- Season 5 Ep3 a woman gets up from bed, frontal nudity is shown.
- Ep 1: A male and female are seen having sex in zero G, seen floating naked at a small distance from the side and from below. Male buttocks and the side of a breast seen. Full side nudity for both. Pretty explicit for TV-14
- A man is shown face down and naked, buttocks glimpsed.
- Ep2: A man is shown in a shower, bare backside glimpsed.
- Ep4: A man is shown lying naked, his genitals covered but pubic hair visible
- Throughout: Occasional scenes in a 'pleasure house,' women are shown lying in beds or standing in rooms, sometimes scantily clad.
Violence & Gore
- This show is violent, but not excessively. Gunfights are infrequent. It's more intense than Star Trek, but not venturing into high or severe territory.
- S3, Ep7: A man is shown spontaneously exploding with blood and gore shown in graphic detail. This scene is referenced again in multiple future episode recaps.
- S3, Ep8: A woman crushes the skull of a recently deceased man to fit him inside a storage space. Very graphic and bloody.
- Episode One: A worker loses his arm in an accident, later seen at the doctor being assessed. Although a stump is shown not graphic, no blood and it seems (being set in the future) pain is very short lived, enhanced replacement or regeneration is possible.
- Episode Three: men are shown fighting and rioting.
- Episode four: a man is shown with a dagger through his chest.
- Episode 1: Religious profanity, including "Jesus" in the first episode.
- Season 1 has no F-words - the language is mostly mild. Season 2 has an average 2 F-words per episode. Season 3 contains frequent strong language.
- Throughout all of season 3, the profanity is increased from previous seasons. This includes frequent use of the F-word per episode by multiple characters.
- Occasional strong language.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Episode four: people are shown sitting around smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated TV-14 for strong sci fi violence, gruesome grisly images, language, sexuality and some nudity(TV-MA season 3).
Violence & Gore
- S3, Ep4: A young boy is first shown with blood on his hands. As the camera pans out, it shows that he has fully dismembered a person splayed out on the floor. Extremely graphic.