Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for brief strong language.|
Sex & Nudity
- Enter a whore house where obviously women are scantily dressed.
- No nudity, or sex scenes.
- One scene takes place in a bar/club, there are scantly clad dancers in the background, no nudity.
Violence & Gore
- A creature begins regurgitation human remains. Semi close up of a body parts and very close shot of a decomposing skull.
- A lost soldier gets attained and eaten( offscreen), a small blood splatter lands on his walkie talkie
- Kong smashes several helicopters with his fists. A soldier is thrown onto the windshield of a helicopter and sucked up into the propeller where he is pureed off-screen.
- Kong rips a monster's brain out of its skull.
- Kong smashes a man with his fist so hard that the ground around his fist breaks apart and flies upwards.
- A sequence which contains various shots of helicopters being knocked out of the sky.
- A man is shown impaled through the mouth, no gore. very little, if any, visible blood.
- a man has his arm torn off by flying creatures, though it is far in the distance, really only a shadow, with no blood seen.
- Religious profanity, swearing the name of "Jesus" on at least one occasion.
- A character says "Die, You Motherf-" but is cut off before he can finish the word
- One use of "f*ckin'"
- One use of "Bitch, please!". Several milder profanities like "shit," "hell", "Damn", and "bastard" throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One scene takes place in a bar.
- A man smokes a cigarette, but is asked to stop immediately.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Characters are constantly attacked by giant, aggressive monsters in both brief jump-scares and prolonged intense action sequences, including one that takes place in a heavily-smokey boneyard. The skull-crawlers (giant, two-legged lizard-like monsters) are especially scary and threatening as they are crafty and mentioned to have been responsible for the death of Kong's parents.
Violence & Gore
- A scene where Kong grapples with a giant lizard and pulls out its innards, not excessively gory, pretty quick.