Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- Episode 1: Dimly lit simulated sex. The man's rear end can be seen.
- A fully nude man can be seen, full frontal nudity is shown.
- Rear ends are shown in episode 8.
- A man and woman are shown having sex with no nudity.
- Fetuses are placed in a machine to grow up faster. When they do, the babies are seen as a fully frontally nude man and woman.
- Episodes 5 and 6 contain sex scenes including two men. No nudity, but we see thrusting and some moaning. Very brief.
- Male Full Frontal nudity with the character Dr. Manhattan; His penis can be seen in detail multiple times. Rear nudity as well.
Violence & Gore
- A dead woman had a bashed head and you can see all the blood insides of her head. Two men are tied and dragged by a car but no blood shown.
- Lots of shooting with bloody detail
- Several scenes depict brutal hand-to-hand combat. In one scene in particular a man takes out several robbers in very graphic ways - repeatedly stabbing one with glass and bashing the other's head until it breaks open.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Watchmen is the sequel to the landmark 80s graphic novel. The original story was notorious for its extreme violence and psychotic characters, so some of that finds its way here.
- Some of the violence is racially charged which adds to its intensity level even more.
- In the very first episode, an entire field of cattle is graphically gunned down. This is upsetting for animal lovers.
- Rated TV-MA for intense sequences of strong disturbing violence throughout, disturbing behavior, grisly images, language, sexuality and some drug materiel.
Violence & Gore
- A woman breaks her husband's skull open with a hammer, which is mostly offscreen, but sound effects are heard and blood splatters are shown. She then reaches inside and pulls a disc out of his head, which is shown graphically on screen for a few seconds.
- A sequence showcases Doctor Manhattan exploding the heads of masked criminals in a sequence. It is graphic, but not long or drawn out.