Ben Shephard hosts the quiz show in which three celebrities take on an extraordinary machine in the hope of winning 20,000 pounds for charity.
Did You Know?
This series features some changes to the format seen in the regular series Tipping Point
- There are only three competing celebrities.
- Each celebrity plays on behalf of a charity of their choice.
- Each counter that falls into the win zone, including Mystery counters, earns the celebrity that played a counter into the machine £100, and if a celebrity can get the Jackpot counter out of the machine, their total is augmented to £20,000. Both of these amounts are double what is offered on the regular series.
- There are no Double counters present in the machine.
- Depending on the season, a Mystery counter that falls into the win zone will award the celebrity who played a counter into the machine a small joke prize, an amount of cash that is not added to their total score, or a question about him/herself for which a correct answer allows them to play another counter into the machine.
- The lowest scoring celebrity is only eliminated at the end of rounds 2 and 3, and the eliminated celebrities get to take home the money they have won to that point for their charity. Should a celebrity be eliminated with no money in their bank, an undisclosed donation will be made to their charity.
- If a celebrity takes a trade but the three extra counters are not enough to get the Jackpot counter out of the machine, they will still receive £1,000 for their charity.
- Episodes are recorded in front of a studio audience.