Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
WandaVision: The Series Finale (2021)
A bit confusing, but good.
It was fine. There were better episodes but I respect the creativity and the good directing and writing. I'm a bit confused with the ending and the Mid- and Post-Credit scenes and there wasn't a really big cameo, but it's fine.
Malcolm & Marie (2021)
One word: LEVINSON
I saw a comment on Youtube that said: "This movie is the feature length adaptation of that Marriage Story fight scene, shot line an Calvin Klein ad."
This quote says nearly everything what needs to be said about the film. First of all: John David Washington and Zendaya are OUTSTANDINGLY GOOD. Both deliver a very powerful and emotional performance. At some points the cinematography is also very captivating, and some of the dialogue in combination with the smooth jazz in the backround keeps you interested. That's it. You feel throughout that Malcolm isn't talking to Marie about reviews, it's Sam Levinson who talks to us. I think he's very insecure with his own work and wanted to let off some steam in this one, after getting a horrible review from the LA Times about one of his other films. He wraps this up in minute-long monologues of JDW talking about black filmmakers and on and on and on...I quickly lost interest.
Due to (at some points) good directing and cinematography, and the smooth songs, still a solid 6/10.
Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Just too great for just a 9/10
Total: 88,5/100 = 8.8/10 = 9/10
I know this makes no sense but this movie is too great everything in this is so perfect. Roman Griffin Davis is a great young actor and hopefully the future I'm exctied to see Silent Night. Taika did a fantastic job, I read the script, it's amazing. In my opinion Taika should've at least got a Oscar nomination for Best Director. Everyone in this kills his performance espacially Thomasin McKenzie, who is also a great talent for the future, I escpect some Oscar nominations in the future ;) but also Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, ARCHIE YATES xD, Rebel Wilson and on...I love this and in my opinion it's a masterpiece.
A cinematic experience.
First of all: I am a damn huge Chris Nolan Fan. Inception, Prestige, Dunkirk, Interstellar, everything great movies.
So Nolan wanted to make his own Bond here, but in Nolan style with some element of time.
Now lets talk about some pros and cons of this movie.
- Ludwig Göransson. Just great, the trap elements a great and in the final confrontation he outdoes himself.
- Performances. No one really disappointed, espacially Robert Pattinson gives a good performance. But also John David Washington, Kenneth Branagh,...
- The experience. You have to watch this movie in cinema. It´s really something else with the good quality sound of IMAX. But also to just really feel it. It keeps you interested and it pushes you into your seat.
- Hoyte Van Hoytema. Nolan found his whats for Tarantino his Robert Richardson. Big or small images, everything is great and very tense filmed.
- The airplane scene.
- The whole inversion thing. Like seriously wtf. The whole inversion thing was announced as the biggest thing of the movie and it was just meh. Hard to follow along and pretty boring (not the airplane scene).
- Characters are boring. The Protagonist gets no story arc, he is like us just there to learn what inversion and TENET is but it isnt very interesting.