Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival
Sitges, Catalonia, Spain
- The Sitges festival is a specialized competitive festival which focuses on fantasy films. It has several sections, besides others the Fantàstic, Gran Angular and the Retrospectiva sections. The Fantàstic section is the only competitive one.
- The festival takes place since 1968 and is competitive since 1971.
- The festival is acknowledged by the FIAPF.
"Maria" Honorary Award
"The General" Honorary Award
Anima't Award - Special Mention
Ben & Jerry's Award
Best Animated Feature Film
Best Animated Feature Film - Special Mention
Best Animated Short Film
Best Animated Short Film - Special Mention
Best Art Direction
Best Director of an Animated Short Film
Best Original Music
Best Original Soundtrack
Best Production Design
Best Short Film
Best Special Effects
Best Visual Effects
Blood Red Carpet Award
Blood Window Award
- Brigadoon, is an alternative video space for more radical, explicit and cult fantasy films. It is a classic at the festival. Brigadoon's screening rooms, where entrance is free, are a meeting place for movie buffs and lovers of the most diverse, radical tendencies in fantasy films.
Brigadoon Award - Special Mention
Brigadoon Paul Naschy Award
Caixa de Catalunya
Carnet Jove - Special Mention
Carnet Jove Jury Award
Citizen Kane Award for Best Directorial Revelation
Citizen Kane Award for Best Directorial Revelation - Special Mention
Clavel Medalla Sitges en Plata de Ley Dorada
Clavell de Plata
Clavell de Plata Daurada
Focus Asia Award
Focus Asia Award - Special Mention
Gran Angular Award
- The awards in the Gran Angular section, decided by a popular vote among the festival's audience members, go to best film, best director, best actor and best actress.
Grand Audience Award
Grand Honorary Award
Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Gold
- The first Méliès d'Or was given in 1996 at the Brussels International Festival of Fantasy Film.
- Whether the award is given or not depends on which festival of the European Fantasy Film Festivals Federation (Sitges, Rome, Brussels, Fantasporto, Luxembourg and Espoo (as of 2000)) is chosen to be the host for the current year. (see also Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver).
- Since 2008 Sitges is the permanent host for the Méliès d'Or.
Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver
- The Méliès d'Argent Award is given by the European Fantasy Film Festivals Federation (currently Sitges, Rome, Brussels, Fantasporto, Luxembourg and Espoo (as of 2000)). It's completely apart of the official awards of the different festivals. Every year the member festivals award their Méliès d'Argent to different films (one per festival). These awarded films are later in competition for the Méliès d'Or Award at one of those festivals.
Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver - Special Mention
Grand Prize of European Fantasy Short Film in Gold
Grand Prize of European Fantasy Short Film in Silver
Honorary Grand Prize
José Luis Guarner Critic's Award
José Luis Guarner Critic's Award - Special Mention
Medalla Sitges en Oro de Ley
- This was the main award of the festival in the seventies.
Medalla Sitges en Plata de Ley
New Visions Award
New Visions Award - Special Mention
Nova Autoria Award
Nova Autoria Award - Special Mention
Noves Visions Award
Noves Visions Emergents Award
Noves Visions Experimenta Award
Official Fantastic Competition - Short Films
Official Fantàstic Competition
Official Fantàstic European Selection Méliès d'Argent
Official Fantàstic Panorama - Special Mention
Orient Express Award
- The Orient Express section was introduced at Sitges 2001. It features a selection of Asian genre films.
Orient Express Award - Special Mention
Panorama Audience Award
Panorama Fantàstic Award
Phonetastic Award - Special Mention
Prize of the Catalan Screenwriter's Critic and Writer's Association
Prize of the International Critics' Jury
Prize of the International Critics' Jury - Special Mention
Samsung Sitges Cocoon
Sessió Especial Curts
Sitges Pitchbox Competition
Special Prize of the Jury
Time-Machine Honorary Award
- This is the festival's honorary award.
- Two new awards are introduced in the Fantàstic official section, best make-up and best art direction.
- A new festival section, "Orient Express", featuring Asian genre films is introduced.